• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I5 2500K V I5 4670K

Associate
Hi Guys,

You might have seen my other post about possibly faulty GFX card, anyway, after extensive troubleshooting, I thought that the problem was down to the PCIe Slot on my motherboard. Turns out it was the ATX24pin power cable pin was loose which was causing the issue!

So, in the process I bought a I5 4670K, Gigabyte Z87 H3, and 8 GB patriot Viper Black Mamba 2133mhz ram from a friend to replace my current board.

My question is, should I swap my current I5 2500K (overclocked at 4.5), Asus P8P67 motherboard, and Corsair dominator 2133mhz ram for the new Haswell chip or just sell it on?

I'm planning to overclock the Haswell to around the same speed (4.5) but I've seen that these run hot and aren't strictly a huge improvement over the 2500K. Temperatures shouldn't be too much of an issue as I have a Corsair h100i loop but I don't know what I should do. I mean my 2500k along with my MSI 770 runs BF1 at max settings at a constant 60FPS so it's still a good chip.

Thanks a lot

Jake

Associate
if windows can be put on the new setup why not, but the gain must be small and I suspect that z87 does not give you any toys other than pcie 3.

Back
Top Bottom