Mini ITX/Micro ATX (serious this time)

Soldato
Looking to downsize from full tower due to having a Micro ATX board. and it's just a big ugly, cable mess.

I have 2 HDD's and 1 SSD and PSU in my sig. Having a hard time finding a case that can accommodate all this as my PSU is 200mm long..

Fairly decent cable space or places to tie it up out the way of fans would be good, I have full custom cables.

I know going Mitx would need a new motherboard and maybe a SFX PSU that's more cash spent then..

Under £60 preferably, thanks.

Soldato
Any Micro ATX case that can support a 200mm PSU will end up being the size of an ATX case anyway.

Why do you have a 200mm PSU anyway for a locked CPU and GTX 560Ti? You don't need mental power delivery for those components.

Soldato
The issue still stands. You don't need that big a PSU for a 980Ti.

The Phanteks Micro ATX cases are lovely, but might be big. Look at the Bitfenix Prodigy M and Colossus M to see if they'll take a 200mm PSU. With a single GPU you shouldn't have the thermal issues those cases have with SLI.

Soldato
OP
Yeah did look at the phanteks, but a bit bigger than i wanted.

Well I wanted a decent PSU so I got one. anyways.. Thanks again and I'll have a look.

Soldato
SG01, not sure about the PSU (No size mentioned besides PS/2 ATX)... It is abit tall (really guys a 1 ODD option would be nice), but if you don't want the half height card crap, it is good...

Soldato
OP
Thanks, the Temjin looks a bit tricky regarding setup and especially cable management. I'm keen on the last two though.

Looked at the V21 from Thermaltake, that seems good, fits 200mm and plenty of cable room underneath. Thoughts? I think I'll stick with Microatx to save the hassle and cash of a new motherboard, windows licence etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Looked at both, I like the look of the V21 one, as the DS airflow doesn't look great due to the side vents, how are both if anyone has owned one or knows? If either get a good/bad bad about them I may order tomorrow.

Associate
The issue still stands. You don't need that big a PSU for a 980Ti.

The Phanteks Micro ATX cases are lovely, but might be big. Look at the Bitfenix Prodigy M and Colossus M to see if they'll take a 200mm PSU. With a single GPU you shouldn't have the thermal issues those cases have with SLI.

+1 Phanteks. Best case i have had hands down, but yes a little big.

Soldato
OP
As I've 30 mins left before next day, I'd like to order very soon, any one got ANY last minute suggestions?

I've seen a flat motherboard V21 and a sideways V21 case.. I'd prefer the flat standing. Is that the Core V21 or just V21?

Just double checking that fits a 200mm psu with custom cables, 2 hdd's and 1 ssd.

Soldato
+1 Phanteks. Best case i have had hands down, but yes a little big.

Agreed I really like this case for its design. Hides all the cables very well if your into that sort of OCD like I am :)

Has loads of space for PSU - You can remove a section to allow for larger PSU's and yes whilst it's only just smaller than most mid-sized ATX cases its got loads of room for expansion etc.

Caporegime
I've just spent weeks looking at matx cases, before ordering a Temjin TJ08-E.

The problem is that a lot of matx cases are as big as ATX cases, in at least one dimension.

Ie the Fractal cases are just as deep as an ATX case, but not as high. The Phanteks Enthoo EVOLVE is just as tall as an ATX case (but not as deep).

Only the TJ08-E, the SG09/SG10 were smaller in both height and depth, without sacrificing airflow or having some other fatal flaw. Of course, what I deem to be a fatal flaw (like PSU exhausting downwards!!!) may not be important to others (but honestly, why would anyone design a case to exhaust hot air downwards?)

Soldato
I have a Raijintek Styx I recommend it with plenty of fans and I have a full Corsair HX850 PSU in there as well as a hydro cooler (H50). If you wanna go mitx think about the Raijintek Metis. Very affordable cases.

Ironically I am using an mitx board with my 3570 but my plan is to go matx X99, plenty of space.
My card is pretty small though - 970 directcu mini

Back
Top Bottom