Painting Motherboard components

Associate
I'm trying to get a red and black theme going. This is my mobo

158588_ae2e5ed1.jpg

As you can see there is a fair bit of blue and white on there. Mainly the ram and pci/pcie slots. Has anyone ever attempted to paint these or change the colour of them in some way or is it just a recipe for disaster?

Associate
I'm trying to get a red and black theme going. This is my mobo

http://www.techzine.nl/uploaded/158588_ae2e5ed1.jpg[IMG]

As you can see there is a fair bit of blue and white on there. Mainly the ram and pci/pcie slots. Has anyone ever attempted to paint these or change the colour of them in some way or is it [B]just a recipe for disaster?[/B][/QUOTE]

/Thread

imo. Don't even try it. Sure you could probs pull it off with hours of painting very carefully.

It may not be deadly to paint over some metal (as long as its latex based paint!) but I wouldn't risk it. There may be metalic additives even in latex based paint that could cross a bridge that ain't meant to be crossed :P

So my opinion:

Too much effort for a small change. Along with too many risks like painting over contacts and deeming some parts unusable.

I'm going to keep an eye on this thread. Who knows there may be someone out there that has done this and has some great tips ;)

/Johnathan - Good Luck!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
dont do it

1. it wont work or look neat/good
2. you will void the warranty of your board and any resale value it may hold

dont do it

dont

do

it

Soldato
Spread mustard over it as well as it will give you an extra 20 FPS.

On a serious note I wouldn't do it as you'll probably get bored of it and ruin your warranty at the same time. If the board works at the end of it all I'd be amazed. Just buy a Rampage III Gene and X58 instead.

Associate
well if you do paint your mobo, make sure that you hang it up on your wall and don`t put it into the case and try and start it up.............

but the alternative way to do it, buy a pair of red and/or green glasses for that 3-d effect as well.

seriously don`t do it. maybe you are better off making a mod case rather than paint the mobo.

Soldato
The ram slots themselves will be hidden by the ram . . . .

So fill the PCI-E slots as well!

Once you have red lights in there, the other colours will probably vanish. Just make sure it is a ruby red light and you will be fine!

Associate
OP
I figured this would be the response :p

Thought someone might have had a genius soloution, never know.

I just realised thats a picture of a ramapge II gene, I actually have a maximus II gene but you get the idea :p

Last edited:
Permabanned
i'm going for red and black too.

however, painting my mobo was completely bypassed.

on my antec 900 i got a sheet of red perspex off cheeseBay, cut it to the same size/shape as the two panels in the case side window and replaced the original clear one with it then popped two white ccfl tubes inside the case, with some strategically placed electrical tape to prevent white light bleeding out of the case.

i then replaced the two front fans with red led ones.

i did it this was cos just putting two red ccfl tubes in doesn't work well, all your components still look their original colour AND everyone knows red ccfl tubes look PINK!

the case is black anyway and as the perspex was a nice deep red (real deep red), darker components look black anyway.

do something like that, don't paint your ******* motherboard, unless your already buyig a new one... like the rampage extreme III, which is naturally rocking black and red!

Back
Top Bottom