Galileo thermometer broken, never had I seen such an aweful chemical reaction

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

EDIT: Oh forgot say main point of this thread is a warning, and if any of your kids have one in there room, get it out now !! lol

Why? Just tell them not to break it :rolleyes:

Unless you're tallking like 3 and under, then you wouldn't have a glass object in there anyway.

Soldato
OP
like energize says there are lots of solvents that will melt plastic paints and inks without blinking look horrific but really aren't a dangerous to people at all.

As shown by you still having skin.

Well yes about skin, but Diethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether 2—(2-Butoxyethoxy) (ethanol) and Hydrotreated heavy naphtha iv just done some readin up on:

Moderate respiratory exposure to 2-butoxyethanol often results in irritation of mucous membranes of the eyes, nose and throat. Heavy exposure via respiratory, dermal or oral routes can lead to hypotension, metabolic acidosis, hemolysis, pulmonary edema and coma.

Now of course im mostly fine, but I did forget the day today, which is a funny sensation and im generally very spaced out, so probably moderate exposure here, I got the full waft of the vapor for a long period of time unfort :/

Associate
Definitely something funny in yours to cause that kind of reaction. My children broke mine playing with a football in the house. Whilst whatever was inside it didn't smell too nice it certainly didn't cause any chemical reactions.

Soldato
OP
Well yes about skin, but Diethylene Glycol Monobutyl Ether 2—(2-Butoxyethoxy) (ethanol) and Hydrotreated heavy naphtha iv just done some readin up on:

Now of course im mostly fine, but I did forget the day today, which is a funny sensation and im generally very spaced out, so probably moderate exposure here, I got the full waft of the vapor for a long period of time unfort :/

Lol! I was trying to ninja edit that before someone posted exactly that, it's not an ocuk 'I left chickin inthe fridge for 2 mins will I die if I eat it'

I think it was a cheap chinese one with the wrong sort of chemical in that did the job - I know I'll b ok and I'm not tryin b funny but genuinely dodgy stuff in it

Definitely something funny in yours to cause that kind of reaction. My children broke mine playing with a football in the house. Whilst whatever was inside it didn't smell too nice it certainly didn't cause any chemical reactions.

as above I think it was a cheap non 'ce' marked one

Caporegime

well you were retarded enough to sleep in a room that had recently had a large quantity of solvent spilled in it on a hot day/night.

I don't think you can blame the thermometer.

Back
Top Bottom