EA Origin ID changes

Caporegime
I just visited ea origins site for the first time WTF their prices are whack !

I mean come on do people seriously use them ?

Yes, they are generally cheaper than Steam in terms of, almost constantly theres some kind of silly code around knocking 50% off the prices. I'm quite happy for douchebags to overpay and subsidise me using codes to get games silly cheap, happens everywhere else in life.

For instance I got Crysis 2(and forgot about it and almost bought it again :p ) on EAstore like 6 months before it was out because some weird code knocked it down to £15 on pre-order, way way way way cheaper than anywhere else out there, preloaded it and played when it was unlocked.

Essentially their sales are less "in your face" than Steam ones, but they are better, with bigger discounts and often on new/pre-order titles and pretty constant while steam sales are usually on older/obsolete titles and pretty far apart.

Soldato
Nope its the same when I log in I use my persona.

What do you mean by "persona"? The name that your friends see in your friends list (Profile name)? Or the URL for your community page?

You can change either of of them, but they aren't your account name.

They can be the same string as your account name, but you can't change your account name or your login by changing your Profile name. :confused:

Soldato
What do you mean by "persona"? The name that your friends see in your friends list (Profile name)? Or the URL for your community page?

You can change either of of them, but they aren't your account name.

They can be the same string as your account name, but you can't change your account name or your login by changing your Profile name. :confused:

My original account name (login name) was my email address but my Profile name has been ali-stare and then gropingmantis and the URL for my community page has changed similarly but when I login where I previously used my email I now use gropingmantis.

Soldato
My original account name (login name) was my email address but my Profile name has been ali-stare and then gropingmantis and the URL for my community page has changed similarly but when I login where I previously used my email I now use gropingmantis.

What's your account name come up as in the top corner of Steam? :confused:

You can change your profile to match anyone else on Steam. It doesn't have to be unique to you, so your account name definitely isn't reflected in that.

Your URL certainly doesn't match your login name either. I've got one account with the account name "orderoftheflame" but my main one has the url of the same.

What do you think your Account name is the same as? Your URL or Profile name? If you've changed it several times, where have you been changing it. :confused:

I'm intrigued, I'd love to change mine, but I'm not so sure it's actually possible.

Soldato
What's your account name come up as in the top corner of Steam? :confused:

You can change your profile to match anyone else on Steam. It doesn't have to be unique to you, so your account name definitely isn't reflected in that.

Your URL certainly doesn't match your login name either. I've got one account with the account name "orderoftheflame" but my main one has the url of the same.

What do you think your Account name is the same as? Your URL or Profile name? If you've changed it several times, where have you been changing it. :confused:

I'm intrigued, I'd love to change mine, but I'm not so sure it's actually possible.

The Account name/login is gropingmantis:
unledjrs.jpg

the account name was my old email account (ali-stare@blahblahblah) but when I closed that email account I changed the account name. To change the account name I had to email them but bear in mind that this was in late 2005-2006 so I guess they changed their mind about chaning account names or something??

Changing the profile name you do via settings:
unledvq.jpg

URL via Profile settings:
unledgz.jpg

Soldato
Right I know how to change the Profile name and URL, I was just confused by your first post on this.

My account name is my steam persona and I have changed email and persona several times in the 7 years I've been on steam.

I read that as your "account name" is your "persona" and you've changed them together several times in 7 years.

You've changed your account name by emailing Steam, but changing the profile name and url have zero bearing on account name. It just happens that you've picked the same for your profile name as your account, the names aren't linked together in anyway.

I've emailed steam previously, and they've refused to change my account name, might have to give them another go. :)

Soldato
Right I know how to change the Profile name and URL, I was just confused by your first post on this.

I read that as your "account name" is your "persona" and you've changed them together several times in 7 years.

You've changed your account name by emailing Steam, but changing the profile name and url have zero bearing on account name. It just happens that you've picked the same for your profile name as your account, the names aren't linked together in anyway.

I've emailed steam previously, and they've refused to change my account name, might have to give them another go. :)

Yes sorry wasn't very clear no they aren't linked at all I just have the same for all three. Try emailling them again maybe it will work.

Associate
Seems you were given the runaround mate, I just had a similar conversation on their Live chat:

Sandra: Hi, my name is Sandra. How may I help you?
EvilGrin: Hi, I'd like to change my EA ID/Origin ID please
Sandra: Please tell me your Origin ID and the email address you use to log in to the Origin.
EvilGrin: Origin ID is EvilGrin80, and email address is [email protected]
Sandra: Please tell me the date of birth listed on your account .
EvilGrin: xx/xx/xxxx
Sandra: Thank you for the verification.
Sandra: Please tell me the EA ID that you want to use now .
EvilGrin: EvilGrin
EvilGrin: Just want to take the 80 off the end :)
EvilGrin: As it seems to be taking my EA ID rather than Battlefield Persona for my solider name in Battlefield 3 Alpha...
Sandra: The BF 3 Alpha is played using EA ID and not battlefield persona.
Sandra: Do you still want me to change your EA ID ?
EvilGrin: Yes please :)
EvilGrin: Will this change my origin ID at the same time?
Sandra: Both are the same.
EvilGrin: and therefore my BF3 Alpha soldier name?
Sandra: yes
EvilGrin: Ok, great.
Sandra: Please wait.
EvilGrin: Sure thing.
Sandra: EvilGrin has already been taken. Choose a different name.
Sandra: Are you there ?
EvilGrin: Yes, can a space be used?
Sandra: Yes
EvilGrin: Ok, Evil Grin would be fine.
Sandra: The space is neglected.
Sandra: You can not use that.
Sandra: You would have choose some other name.
EvilGrin: Ok, how about an underscore in place of the space...?
EvilGrin: Also, have a quick question which you may not be able to answer? When BF3 is released, do you know if the soldier name in the game will always be locked down to the EA/Origin ID, or if you'll be able to have multiple soldiers?
Sandra: Underscore can not be accepted as well. Is it really that important to change the EA ID.
Sandra: Are you there ?
EvilGrin: It depends on if you know the answer to the above question :)
EvilGrin: If you can have multiple soldiers/names on release, then I don't mind really.
Sandra: The details about the persona that will be allowed for the game in BF 3 is not yet available;e as the game is not yet released.
Sandra: I would suggest you to let the EA ID be as it is and if you wish you may change the same later.
EvilGrin: Fair enough then, yeah. Hopefully duplicate names will be allowed - as it seemingly was in Bad Company 2
Sandra: May be.
Sandra: Thank you for contacting EA chat support. Bye and take care!!
EvilGrin: Thanks for the help anyway. Bye

Seems that I had a much different conversation...

Soldato
Hmm, might try this, Wes87 or Wescar1987 would do for me, as my other EA account is Wescar87.

Edit: Got a big fat no to ID changes.

Last edited:
Soldato
I am going to try one more time to consolidate my 2 accounts. ATM i have one with DAO and DA2 on and one with BC2 and ME2. I have tried in the past to merge them but they haven't allowed it, Maybe i'll get lucky this time

Soldato
It's like the opposite of Steam, allows you to change your ingame name but won't let you change your account name.

Guess you have to apply some forward thinking and enter your desired name when signing up. (Although I do have 28 'Personas' on the EA Profile page :D, all linked to same account)

It's like when peope say they have multiple accounts for different EA Games - how do you even manage that? You wouldn't create a new one for each game on Steam!

Soldato
Seems you were given the runaround mate, I just had a similar conversation on their Live chat:

I do hope they can fix this for me as well. My problem is that I have numerous 'persona's'. Mainly to protect my gaming name and some other names I may use in the future. My EA I.D, for some strange reason has linked itself to one of these names, rather than my main Battlefield persona, which is the name I always use.

My BF3 Alpha invite is to this EA I.D and so I am having to play the alpha with a name that I do not usually use and it is bloody annoying! :mad:

Soldato
What I find more annoying, is that I put the wrong DOB when I signed up, and they use this for security checks when using their support system, I have no idea what DOB I used and it can't be changed. Therefore I can never receive support without jumping through a million hoops.

I am going to try one more time to consolidate my 2 accounts. ATM i have one with DAO and DA2 on and one with BC2 and ME2. I have tried in the past to merge them but they haven't allowed it, Maybe i'll get lucky this time

I did this recently. Spent about 2 hours on live chat support, eventually got my EAID and Xbox GamerTag moved over to a different email address. It was a NIGHTMARE (partly because of the above DOB issue) but I'm so glad I sorted it in the end.

Soldato
30 minutes waiting only to be told to p**s off in less than 30 seconds -

chat_agent.png
Michell: Hi, my name is Michell. How may I help you?
chat_enduser_message.png
2250282375: Hi Michelle.. I would like to change my EA ID (Also used as my Origin ID) if possible?
chat_agent.png
Michell: Unfortunately, changing e-mail address/ personas/ account names, merging two accounts, transferring games or modifying date of birth is not possible
chat_agent.png
Michell: Is there anything else I can help you with today?
chat_enduser_message.png
2250282375: That was it unforunately..
chat_enduser_message.png
2250282375: unfortunately*
chat_agent.png
Michell: I’m glad that we were able to assist you with your issue.
Happy Gaming!

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts support today.
Have a great day!
Bye and take care!

Soldato
EA support are useless, i once accidentally chose the wrong name for moh pa as it said mine was taken, accidentally clicked one of the suggestions rather than try another.

I emailed ea to change it, providied cd key, screenshot of cd key, email address, photo of receipt addressed to my self, photo id with my address on it and they still wouldnt change it.

Associate
Great it looks like im stuck with my obscene name . it was a rage account creation trying to login to crysis 2 after many failed attempts, and now my SWTOR code got linked to it.

Its absolutely absurd that it can not be changed. i also have another origin account which is linked to my xbox live and has all my other games on it including BF2.

Last edited:
Associate
Just got off EA chat

I got the total run-around, nice people, but an absolute joke with un-needed questions. Half hour in chat for a big fat fail. The bolded lines make me question my sanity.

Rob: Hello Corey, i'm Rob. I was wondering if you could change the 'Name' of my EA Master ID? Not any details or anything, just the actual title?
Corey: Hi Rob, we would like to inform you that we do not have the capabilities to change or remove master EA ID. It is not possible.
Rob: OK, whats the difference between EA Personas? If I select another one, what does it change? Because the name I wanted is one of my EA Personas (My GamerTag)
Corey: Personas are user names that you created on your account/email address. That can either be your EA ID or your Gamertag.
Corey: That can also be any character name that yo used for the games that you play.
Corey: May I know why you would like to change your master EA ID?
Rob: My deafult persona hasn't changed my name. Yes of course, I have changed my Xbox Live Gamertag (Believe me, this is no regular occurance, just a one off) and EA Games always take your EA ID, so this is putting my stats off and friends can't really find me when I give my "new" name out
Rob: FYI I wanted to change it to Earc - this is my what my default EA Persona is.
Corey: Provide me your Gamertag and your email address linked to it.
Corey: Are we still connected?
Rob: Yes, I'm here. Sorry I was thought you was reading my response
Corey: Okay, provide me your email address and your Gamertag.
Rob: Email: ------@----- Gamertag: Earc
Corey: To help you get an effective solution, what I’m going to do for you is, escalate this issue to Level 2. Level 2 is well-equipped with the resources needed to handle your issue. It might take a while before you get connected; we appreciate your patience and cooperation.
Rob: Alright, Thanks Corey!

25 minutes later in a queue.....

Hi, my name is Danielle P.. How may I help you?
Danielle P.: Please give me a moment while I review the Chat Log so that I can understand exactly what the issue you are having is today [...]
Rob: Hello Danielle, i'm Rob. I'll just let you read for a second.
Danielle P.: May i have your email address please?
Rob: Sure, it's --------------
Danielle P.: Could you verify the date of birth on the account for me please?
Rob: ------------
Danielle P.: Thank you for verifying the account for me.
Danielle P.: So you want to have you persona changed is that corect?
Rob: Yes, its quite the confusing affair :)
Danielle P.: Okay that's fine what exactly would you like done?
Rob: I wanted to change my ID so that all future games I sign up for through EA will have this new name and i'm not confused or giving out the wrong ID for friends. As I said above, the name I wanted is Earc
Rob: I have 2 different names showing up on EA websites and Origins :)
Danielle P.: What are the names?
Rob: The names that are displaying? On Origin, I have [--------] and on my EA Profile I have Earc, which is my default persona. But when I sign up for games, it is always [-------], which should have been Earc.
Danielle P.: So you want the [-------] to be no more and everything to say Earc?
Rob: Yes, that would be fantastic.
Danielle P.: Unfortunately we cannot do that i do apologize for any frustration this may cause you.
Rob: If you cannot change the ones I have already made, could you change my Master ID, so that everything in future, defaults to Earc? I don't want to consider making a new account because that name sticks. Really do not want to be called "[-----]" on future games, I don't think its very mature anymore.
Danielle P.: I'm sorry we are unable to do that. The Master ID is only for PC and would not effect the XBOX and PS ID's
Rob: So any future PC games I sign up for, will they have [------] on?
Rob: I assume they will, just clarifying.
Danielle P.: This is only for Origin and Forums. You can create other names as you sign up for the PC games.
Rob: Well, thanks for your help Danielle.
Danielle P.: i am very sorry. Was there anything else that i could do for you this evening?
Rob: No that's it, thank you.
'Rob' disconnected ('Concluded by End-user').

What a run-around!! I am so peeved. Corey could have told me this. Really really really didn't help being ESCALATED.

RAGE.

Back
Top Bottom