Formula Boinc 2016

PDW

PDW

Associate
Let's just say there is a team to your East that got upset at TSBT during a challenge and called them cheaters. And then for several challenges after that they kept calling them cheaters in the shout box.

Ah, so that was you, I wondered who everybody was talking about :p

I had a Commodore 64 that came after the ZX ... I guess I should have kept it :D

My apologies, I didn't mean to mock you for your lack of having a decent computer :D

Associate
I tried to get some but was told no tasks are available, looks like someone has already had their fill :p
I think they still have work. It's still downloading work to me. I don't really want it. I've had my fill. I just don't want the 2nd place team to get it.

PDW

PDW

Associate
I think they still have work. It's still downloading work to me. I don't really want it. I've had my fill. I just don't want the 2nd place team to get it.

Nope, still telling me no tasks are available for Garli, doesn't look they are getting much work either. So take the lot in case you miss the boat next time round.

Associate
Don't worry guys. We're going to get no closer than 200k on CSG and Enigma then back off. We just want as much buffer as possible from the teams behind us on those projects. That's the plan anyway.

Soldato
OP
Don't worry guys. We're going to get no closer than 200k on CSG and Enigma then back off. We just want as much buffer as possible from the teams behind us on those projects. That's the plan anyway.

Well I don't how the rest of the guys feel, but I'd much prefer comming 2nd than 1st if you guys let us win. I say go for it, add some excitement to the last two months of the comptetion.
(As long as the whole of susa don't turn up :D)

Associate
Well I don't how the rest of the guys feel, but I'd much prefer comming 2nd than 1st if you guys let us win. I say go for it, add some excitement to the last two months of the comptetion.
(As long as the whole of susa don't turn up :D)

:) As I told PDW earlier, there is a team that did some nasty things and sometimes ones actions have consequences. :D This is one of those times.

BTW, Big Al and I have dual citizenship, we are officially members of 2 teams. Sometimes we crunch for 1 team and sometimes we crunch for the other. Sometimes we even crunch for both at the same time ;)

We've accomplished what we set out to do, get our TSBT team into 2nd, and we will hold that position. Going after the top spot would be a exercise in futility and only tried by people with delusions of grandeur. I may be old, but I'm not delusional ... yet.

Associate
Well guys, there's only a few projects with work that TSBT has a chance to gain any points on. Enigma is a project we can both pick up a few points on and it's not going to make much difference between the our teams in 1st and 2nd place. So how about an Enigma throw down? If you are up for it,we can schedule a throw down. Give each team time to regroup. What say yea?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well guys, there's only a few projects with work that TSBT has a chance to gain any points on. Enigma is a project we can both pick up a few points on and it's not going to make much difference between the our teams in 1st and 2nd place. So how about an Enigma throw down? If you are up for it,we can schedule a throw down. Give each team to regroup. What say yea?

Well as I said on your forums, I'm up for it, though it doesn't look like it will be much of a contest on current form. However if we do, let's not do it in Nov because I believe it would be no fun being in division 1 next season for either of us if we ended up there.

Associate
Rule 8 of FB states there are 3 divisions that are determined by RAC. Unless your average RAC for the month of Nov is over 10M then you will remain a Div 2 team.

The reason the the team who won Div 2 last got moved up is because their RAC was over 10M/day.

Soldato
OP
Rule 8 of FB states there are 3 divisions that are determined by RAC. Unless your average RAC for the month of Nov is over 10M then you will remain a Div 2 team.

The reason the the team who won Div 2 last got moved up is because their RAC was over 10M/day.

Yes I was aware of that, perhaps I'm just being pararnoid :) Doesn't take much work on a high scoring GPU project to push over that limit.

Not looking like there's much enthusiasm here for an Enigma challenge :(

Associate
Yes I was aware of that, perhaps I'm just being pararnoid :) Doesn't take much work on a high scoring GPU project to push over that limit.

Not looking like there's much enthusiasm here for an Enigma challenge :(

Now there is an idea ... starting Nov 1 we'll jump on the highest paying GPU project we can find and run it for you guys :D :D

Well if folks don't want to have a little team-to-team challenge then that's okay. We can just continue on the same boring way till the end of FB.:(

Associate
And even though Bowmore has been stuck in a OCD trance on Enigma we plan to toss a bucket of water on him before we pass OcUK and then follow you guys past HP and TSC Russia, just don't let up :)

Associate
Yeah...a hand full of high end GPU's at Collatz will easily push you to that 10 million RAC. So, you really do have to plan accordingly if you don't want bumped up to the big boys... I had mentioned this to my team in the past. One of the safest projects would be SETI considering a lot of the work units may sit pending for a few months and they aren't a high scoring project.

Here is an example of one host from a teammate doing ~2.5 million PPD http://boincstats.com/en/stats/86/host/list/0/0/173981/1 or http://boinc.thesonntags.com/collatz/show_host_detail.php?hostid=689096

Also, keep in mind many teams may be doing the WCG birthday challenge in November. WCG is a low scoring project.

Last edited:
Soldato
i am running my dual xeons on milky way@home :) for some reason it only putting my cpu at 56% usage max. also i have 32gb of ram and its only using 3gb.

are there any project better for this setup or is this good?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom