New Rig for Gaming/Video Editing,

Associate
Hi All,

Would appreciate your thoughts on the below;

Would be used primarily for gaming (at 1080p would be looking at an ultrawide soon) and some occasional video editing.

I only need the tower, everything else I have taken care of for now. (The second HDD is for parents system everything else will be for mine)

I've tried to go for a white/black build for aesthetics as much as possible, this can changed if it would mean better parts.

Thanks

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,607.68
(includes shipping: £0.00)

Associate
That is a very nice motherboard, perhaps a bit too pricey to pair with the i5. Seeming as games are taking advantage of hyper-threading you may see a benefit from getting an i7. And I don't need to mention the benefit of having an i7 for media production

I have the 750D, and I would say it is too large for this kind of setup. Are you considering upgrading to custom watercooling in the future? if not perhaps consider a smaller mid-tower case.

Another thing to keep in mind, depending on where you have your hdd bays, your ssd's can be on show, so you could go for a samsung 850 evo instead to match to colour scheme better

Soldato
Hi

Total: £1,630.68
(includes shipping: £0.00)

Do you need an optical drive ? I included an external one which can be kept to one side when not needed, and it won't ruin the aesthetics.

MSI Krait is a pretty nice Black/White board.

The i5 can bottleneck in some games at 1080p with a GTX 1070 so an i7 is a better option (Plus it will help when you do Video Editing).

The 280mm H110i GTX cooler should perform slightly better than the 240mm.

Phanteks Enthoo Pro hides all the internal drive bays (SSD and HDD) and PSU so you get a cleaner build.

A 550W psu is enough for a single gpu. The braided cables are out of stock though at the moment. You could go with Bitfenix extensions, but some of those in White are also out of stock.

Gigabyte G1 has a black/White backplate (Zotac looks like Gunmetal with Yellow). You also get LED lighting with the G1 (Not sure if White is an option) but they can be turned off anyway if you don't want them lit up.

Soldato
The Phanteks white extensions are in stock and look nice in real life too, if you need to save a few quid (and if you go for a case with a PSU compartment such as Lee specced that'll hide all the other cables anyway).

Total: £25.20
(includes shipping: £2.74)

The Gigabyte G1 Gaming 1070 would only need one 6+2 PCI-E extension. The Zotac two (going by the pic, not the description).

Back
Top Bottom