EVGA DG-87 or Be Quiet Dark base 900 pro

Soldato
I've just ordered the BeQuiet case but have read a few things about it running hot with the front door closed.... If you had a choice which case would you get and why?

Soldato
OP
Personally I have the Dark Pro 900. And with the door closed it adds 15 C to my CPU temps. Open it and its all good, but I do have 2 x 360mm rads in mine.

Air cooled system may not suffer AS much.

Thanks for the reply mate, I must admit I did see your post in the other thread which is what has made me question my purchase. Other than the increase in temps how are you finding the case?

Soldato
The glass side panel is amazing, the lighting is cool too.

My only really gripe is the poor airflow in the front and top. Oh and only having 1 SSD tray behiond the motherboard. I would have liked a second, as my other SSD is just wedged in the bottom behind the PSU out the way.

The Qi wireless charger is useful, but for me it doesn't work with my phone cover on. But my Qi charger I bought from Amazon that sits on my desk works fine with my phone cover on.

But the tempered glass is 100% the best feature for sure.

Soldato
OP
Cool mate thank you for taking the time to reply... If you could go back knowing what you know about the temps would you still have bought the same case or held out for something different?

Back
Top Bottom