Finally found the mail app I was looking for. Hello Polymail!

Caporegime
So I've moaned about wanting an alternative to Apple Mail for some time now. After much searching, some trial and error I finally found it. It's called Polymail.

It is a feature rich mail app which is currently free. It is available for both IOS and OS X.

polymail.jpg

Website link is here

Some of the features it has...

• Advanced email tracking
  • Send later options
  • Snooze emails
  • Unsend emails
  • One click unsubscribe
  • feature rich UI
  • Ability to give direct links to share emails (I find this very useful)

And the list goes on!

You can download it from there website, alternatively I can send invite links. The app itself gets regular updates with additional features and fixes. For example I've been using it for 2 weeks and it's already had two updates adding new features and shiny things.

Currently it does not support IMAP but it supports most major email services; Gmail, Office 365, Outlook.com etc...the devs promise that IMAP is coming very soon!

Soldato
Looks nice, I may try it when it has imap support.

Does it have push notifications when you receive mail, I like to leave apple mail open in the dock and it displays the number of messages I receive automatically. Is it the same with this app?

Thanks

Caporegime
OP
Looks nice, I may try it when it has imap support.

Does it have push notifications when you receive mail, I like to leave apple mail open in the dock and it displays the number of messages I receive automatically. Is it the same with this app?

Thanks

Yes. It also gives notifications in the side bar. I leave it open constantly as well.

Caporegime
OP
It's free yes, for the time being at least. Initially the beta was invite only and I managed to snag one from a a friendly man off Twitter. Then in the next update I received I was told I can send unlimited updates and it's now free to download. Result!

It's so nice to use, it's not that Apple Mail is bad but it feels so dated now, especially when you look at apps like Airmail and Polymail.

All they need to do is add IMAP and it's perfect for me. I mainly use my Gmail account for everything these days anyway :)

Soldato
Does it integrate with iOS and other Apps? That's the problem I have with third party email apps. I've stuck to using Gmail at the moment just for sheer convenience rather than having Mail download everything.

Soldato
One thing on the net I found talking about this mail app, not sure I like the sound of that?

"Another email app that inserts itself between you and your mail provider and stores the access credentials to your account on someone else's servers with unknown security and privacy protections. This one also takes the liberty of inserting tracking bugs into your emails to implement the tracking system. No thanks."

Soldato
One thing on the net I found talking about this mail app, not sure I like the sound of that?

"Another email app that inserts itself between you and your mail provider and stores the access credentials to your account on someone else's servers with unknown security and privacy protections. This one also takes the liberty of inserting tracking bugs into your emails to implement the tracking system. No thanks."

That put me off, having to sign up to use it.

Caporegime
OP
Does it integrate with iOS and other Apps? That's the problem I have with third party email apps. I've stuck to using Gmail at the moment just for sheer convenience rather than having Mail download everything.

Integrate in what way? It uses push notifications on OS X. There is an iOS app which I've no idea how well it works due to me being a droid user. It is my default mail app so opens when I click mailto links etc.

The credentials are encrypted between the app and the server. Therefore not allowing the owner of the server to ever access said credentials. And if you're very paranoid about it, just use a different secure password to your usual one?

Please also define 'tracking bugs' - it uses advanced tracking which is a step up from read receipts. But tracking 'bugs' sounds a bit melodramatic to me :p

You can also turn off the mail tracking if you wish.

Back
Top Bottom