German Grand Prix 2016, Hockenheim - Race 12/21

Man of Honour
Lock up lost it.

Prepare for Rosbergs smug face....

So many empty seats. But they don't see Rosberg as German and Vettel is in a Ferrari that doesn't really work, don't have much to cheer for.

Associate
I have to say, I don't think Nico drives his best under pressure but he set a great time there, carrying more fuel than Lewis according to Paddy too.

Very impressed with how close Riccardo got to the Merc's.

Soldato
For some tracks it is, and the occasional epic qualifying does beat a good race. But Germany is a great track with plenty of places you can overtake and usually lots of passing. I don't want Hamilton to start near the back for any reason but him starting at the back here is always epic, 2014 was a ridiculously good race.

Plenty of overtakes at modern Hockenheim? The only real place is the curved straight down to the tight hairpin, where Vettel passed Button a few years back by going outside the track limits.

Anywhere else in an F1 car is down to driver error or poor car performance (McLaren), in my opinion, bar there being another drs straight that escapes my memory.

Sector 3 is far too narrow and iirc, sector 2 is all wishy washy corners where down force for the leading car is king.

Soldato
Hulkenburg one-place grid penalty for using a set of tyres in Q1 that were already supposed to have been handed in to Pirelli!

1-place penalty? What sort of a laughing stock penalty is that?

Soldato
Hulkenburg one-place grid penalty for using a set of tyres in Q1 that were already supposed to have been handed in to Pirelli!

1-place penalty? What sort of a laughing stock penalty is that?

Obviously an accident. If he had lots of spare sets (which he would in Q1), then using a used set didn't help him.

Back
Top Bottom