Location of cmos battery on Inspiron 1525??

Associate
Morning all.

Anyone help me with the location of the cmos battery on this laptop?! Have my mates girlfriend's Inspiron at my gaff at the moment, as it won't boot past the Dell/Bios version screen - just displays a message to the effect that the cmos battery is dead.

I have the back cover off, but am damned if I can see the battery. Taken all the screws out of the back altogether, and tried to seperate the base, but it seems to want to take half the mobo with it, so not going any further with that as its not mine, and don't want to knacker it!

Surely the cmos battery should be relatively easy to find?

Any help appreciated!

Associate
OP
Yes I did thanks - but it was a bit of an effort thats for sure. Had to tear the laptop limb from limb (carefully disassemble is more like it actually!).

Changed the battery, reassembled, and only ONE extremely small screw left over! Seeing as nothing appears loose inside, and its now working fine I'm declaring it a successful fix!

My mates girlfriend seems pretty pleased, so should be a couple of pints coming my way next time I'm at the pub.

Couldn't help wondering what a PC repair shop would have charged her to change it...

Back
Top Bottom