Onda v975w Tablet - Windows 8 with 'Retina' Screen review.

Man of Honour
Up and running, haven't installed any drivers yet.

Man I prefer w10 over 8.1, now I've moved the task bar to what makes far more sense on a tablet.
Quick access to back button, task switcher. And well everything else.

Just hope in the upcoming feature update, that edge tool bar can be moved to the bottom.

r76que.jpg

Also since taking screen shot (does volume down + home button no longer work in w10?) enable appal on taskbar, even better.

Also just ditched the case, so much nicer without it. But no kickstand :( and I take it screen won't be gorilla glass or anything? In which case any screen protectors?

Last edited:
Associate
The Cube i7 stylus is a decent core m tablet. Typically 5 - 5.5 hours of usage after a charge. I would however recommend people tweak the various bios settings for increased throttling to reduce heat. Ok, you'll take a small performance hit, but I really don't think this device can handle TDP 6.5. Safer to aim for 4.

The Teclast X98 pro should be out in a week or so. A good upgrade to the X98 air ii, same 'retina' screen, but with 4gb ram and upgraded Intel Atom X5 Z850p.

Don
My i7 came with a screen protector already applied. I took it straight off after it scratched like crazy after 2 minutes with the pen. The stock screen seems reasonably tough but I reckon it will scratch with lots of pen usage.
I've applied the customer BIOS over at XDA and it certainly seems cooler.

I'll be splitting the case today to install the 256GB SSD.

Soldato
What tablets would you guys recommend?

The mipad 2 announcement caught my eye. After a windows tablet in an ipad body. Possibly even one comparable to an ipad mini? What are peopels thoughts and experiences currently?

Man of Honour
I would not recommend any off them, terrible old fashioned power connectors that break extremely easily if used whilst plug in. As has happened to me.
No kickstand which imp is essential. And most don't have gorilla glass and so scratch silly easily unless you use screen protector.

Which leaves, basically surface range or Lenovo mix 700 range if it's ever released.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I would not recommend any off them, terrible old fashioned power connectors that break extremely easily if used whilst plug in.

Do I remember right that you break about 4 chargers a year or something like that? Or was that someone else.

I ordered a Chuwi Hi8 on impulse as it was £30.

Man of Honour
That was me. But thankfully they were magnetic breakaway charges. Old style pin connector means you break the port in the tablet.

Surprisingly latest charger is holding up well.

Said a few times, I should be hired as a stress tester for products.

Soldato
I would not recommend any off them, terrible old fashioned power connectors that break extremely easily if used whilst plug in. As has happened to me.
No kickstand which imp is essential. And most don't have gorilla glass and so scratch silly easily unless you use screen protector.

Which leaves, basically surface range or Lenovo mix 700 range if it's ever released.

Cheers mate. Time to start saving for a surface 3 then

Back
Top Bottom