Best air cooler

Soldato
Good explanation of be quiet! mounting on 115x mobos, tomekkk1.

But 2011 mobos have backing plate built in with threaded holes to the front. I don't think mounting from the back is possible.

Associate
Like I said in post #70:
tomekkk1 said:
Now i7 4770T, together with mx-4 and Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 presenting 27°C idle and 56°C max stressed with OCCT (small data set).
Yes - my aim was getting big block to avoid noisy work any time - no matter what I am doing on PC. I am not being funny but if the fans suddenly stops I probably wouldn't notice that :D
Never heard it at this temperature anyway. Please notice this is low voltage CPU and it's going rapidly hot while goes above 1V and running Turbo - in my case it oscillating between 27°C and 42°C, and that's couple of seconds only and drop. Not playing much but currently running BF3 for about one hour and see just only 33°C. Only full 10min. of OCCT or 15 min. of RealBench stress make 56°C here:) It can handle up to 250W TDP, so with just as little 45W it got really easy life :D
Plus outstanding look without squeezed heatpipes on top and also poor silver colour. Black nickel coat on base, heatpipes and fins, black anodised aluminium top cover is that what I love here :)

And this is how it looks in my Case - NZXT Noctis 450:

Bear in mind we still can add third fan to it, clips are provided. That could cool down any Overclocked bugger and keep noise very low at the same time :D

Good explanation of be quiet! mounting on 115x mobos, tomekkk1.

But 2011 mobos have backing plate built in with threaded holes to the front. I don't think mounting from the back is possible.
Yes it's about 115x sockets - glad you notice that. Cheers :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I've got a dark rock pro 3 sat here for a few weeks now waiting to fit, my main concern is whether it will interfere with the first PCIE socket/GPU.

That's why I went for the dark rock 3 non pro version. My dark rock is delayed until tomorrow now because of Black Friday orders still being backed up :(

The dark rock pro 3 is massive. Too big for my liking.

Soldato
Nice one, bro! Looks stunning there :)

If that 68°C you've made using RealBench or OCCT bear in mind you'll never reach it in your games & programs :)

This cooler is a looker.

Yes I used prime95. Gaming should be a lot lower. So far extremely happy with air cooling. Temps are much better then the corsair H105 I was using. Think I'll stay air for the near future. Can't trust AIO any more.

Associate
This cooler is a looker.

Yes I used prime95. Gaming should be a lot lower. So far extremely happy with air cooling. Temps are much better then the corsair H105 I was using. Think I'll stay air for the near future. Can't trust AIO any more.

Some piece of mind atleast, Looking good.

Associate
This cooler is a looker.

yip one of the reasons I went to Air was piece of mind. plus my Phanteks performs better than my old H80i which helps

Soldato
Probably you've fit it wrong - I have be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 and retention plate is on the place. Really no idea how the cooler is distracting in yours...

Same here, I didn't have to remove any retention plate, i5 4690k

I've got a dark rock pro 3 sat here for a few weeks now waiting to fit, my main concern is whether it will interfere with the first PCIE socket/GPU.

I'm on Z97

Which Z97 board?

PCI-E is fine with my Pro and Asus Z97A almost an inch clearance. Wish I could say the same for the memory slots though the first one is completely blocked and I had to take the heatspreaders off the sticks.

be quiet! dark rock 3 Installed. This cooler looks awesome. Temps under full load are 68c. Glad I went air cooling:D

Same here. I think the Pro I bought is overkill my i5 generates so much less heat than my old i7 920 that would have needed it for sure. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom