Internet suffering from sun stroke...

Soldato
Anyone getting disconnects along with the poor loading? I know people are getting slow speeds and loading but not many have said about disconnections.

Line has been perfect since i replaced the HH5 a few months back and since yesterday nothing but disconnects and slow loading.

Caporegime
Disconnects as in…? You shouldn't get loss of sync as a result of this, you could potentially see issues with PPP sessions though.

If you are physically dropping your link then it's unrelated to Telehouse problems.

Caporegime
Will be interesting to read the response to that one - so much for redundancy...

Yeah the RFO will be interesting to read. TeleCity was a UPS issue but that should have only dropped one out of >1 PSUs in this sort of kit.

Usually these sorts of incidents expose poor configuration or faults/bugs that would otherwise have gone unnoticed so I would be surprised if the same wasn't true in this case as opposed to "whoops only had one switch there".

Soldato
Disconnects as in…? You shouldn't get loss of sync as a result of this, you could potentially see issues with PPP sessions though.

If you are physically dropping your link then it's unrelated to Telehouse problems.

Yeah as in the modem dropping connection, had no issues at all prior to yesterday. Since yesterday morning had quite a few, slowed down in the afternoon and was fine in the evening.

Was fine again until this morning, then had issues again. Which is what prompted me to believe it was due to this.

Will just keep an eye on it.

Caporegime
If you're losing sync then you have a fault at the cabinet (assuming FTTC), a line fault or a dodgy modem. Open a support case with your ISP and make sure you explain that it's a loss of sync, though I imagine they will try and lump it in with these routing issues.

Soldato
Same here dude, drops around 5-10 times a day since the fault.

Connection has been solid for a while now, faults happened the other day and now it keeps dropping Tottenham, North London.

I'm back to a more solid connection, only dropping once a day now but I've lost 20mb in download speed. How about yourself mate?

I'm seriously thinking about cancelling at this point.

Soldato
I'm back to a more solid connection, only dropping once a day now but I've lost 20mb in download speed. How about yourself mate?

I'm seriously thinking about cancelling at this point.

Speed is fine, but disconnections are still happening. I've just got a refund on the Router that i use and bought a new one because the errors it was showing in the logs and having checked on google and other forums it's happening to multiple other people with the router all over the world.

It's just funny how it's been fine for months with the same setup, yet the morning the BT problems started so did these. Just hoping the new one sorts it out, if not i'll be on the phone to BT tomorrow demanding an engineer.

Caporegime
The cabinet probably has some damaged kit due to the temperatures we saw last week. It happening at the same time as power issues in two London data centres is a coincidence, though potentially with the same root cause.

Soldato
The cabinet probably has some damaged kit due to the temperatures we saw last week. It happening at the same time as power issues in two London data centres is a coincidence, though potentially with the same root cause.

Yeah wouldn't surprise me at all, well if the new one still has problems then i'm getting an engineer out so either way it'll hopefully get sorted. It's expected to be delivered between now and 10, got to love Amazon Prime.

Will update here at some point with the outcome.

Soldato
You'll get it fixed in time for a thunderstorm to fry it :p

Don't seriously.

Had 10 months of issues with BT and it took them 3-4 to even take it seriously, then another 4 months to replace said line. Even then still had problems until i replaced the HH5 about 2 months ago with what i currently have.

Nothing but problems.

Soldato
Works fine now had a Asus RT-N66U and a HG612 and they were fine until the BT issue, decided to get a refund from Amazon for the N66U as it's only 2 months old and they offered me. Now with a TP-Link Archer AC1600 and no problems at all.

Back
Top Bottom