Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Soldato
VM Business surpass themselves once again. They arrive a week early at a clients office, make a mess of the installation and forget the firewall kit. Every single time I have dealings with them there's always a problem.

I haven't missed them in my email to the VM account manager.

Useless bstrds.

Soldato
Guys are there any settings/tricks etc to setting up my connection for playing fps games? My computer is wired into a super hub 2ac on the 100mb package.

Thanks

Dave

Associate
Despite the 200Mbit upgrade time being quoted for Sept/Nov I got the upgrade button available this weekend. Confirmation email came this morning but unfortunately you can't remote reboot your SuperHub when it's in modem mode :( Will need to wait until I get home

Soldato
Despite the 200Mbit upgrade time being quoted for Sept/Nov I got the upgrade button available this weekend. Confirmation email came this morning but unfortunately you can't remote reboot your SuperHub when it's in modem mode :( Will need to wait until I get home

Where abouts are u mate? I've been waiting for the speed bump for 9 months - also in London nr Manor House. Edit just logged in 150 here I come

Last edited:
Associate
Where abouts are u mate? I've been waiting for the speed bump for 9 months - also in London nr Manor House. Edit just logged in 150 here I come

Hackney area, speed increase hadn't registered by last night but login suggests it's ready now. Will have to try again this evening :)

Soldato
just logged on to my virgin page and realised i had option to order VIVID 200 for free, so ordered this and ordered latest superhub which should be here Saturday

i only use modem only mode, lets see what its like

I assume they ask for Super Hub 1 back?

Associate
Mine wouldn't update the profile on my SuperHub so after a 10minute online chat with their tech support they refreshed it their end.

Haven't had any issues with 200Mbit yet, seem to achieve full bandwidth even during peak times. The only difference I can notice is perhaps a 5ms increase in latency.

Soldato
Hi guys,

I was with Virgin for a few years but switched to BT Infinity due to Virgins youtube buffering problem.

I'm in NW London, Harrow. Does anyone have experience with Virgin around this area? Thinking of switching back due to BT being ****, constant outages, disconnects, speed just gradually getting slower as time goes on, started on 55mb now on 39mb.

Plus, Virgin are now about 20 quid cheaper for me when comparing to what I pay BT now after their recent price hike.

Thanks for any info.

Soldato
Got new super hub 2 today delivered by yodel

Called the automated line and within 10 mins super hub was up and running, it uploaded a new firmware and rebooted ,

Got it into modem mode , did a speed test got 198mb, So all seems ok

Business as usual :)

Soldato
Yep, free and no new contract to sign

Cooleo thank you, Just signed up, The new stuff will be arriving next week :)

Had my upgrade to 150 this week, very happy with the speeds :)

Nice, I'm still on my 100meg line until the end of next week and then I'll be joining the 150 club :D

Hopefully my upload speed improves.

5501024564.png

Soldato
Got new super hub 2 today delivered by yodel

Called the automated line and within 10 mins super hub was up and running, it uploaded a new firmware and rebooted ,

Got it into modem mode , did a speed test got 198mb, So all seems ok

Business as usual :)

Mines arriving this week also. Going from 152 to 200 doesn't seem like the big jump anymore :p

Soldato
That's because it isn't.

There isn't anything you can use the connection for at 200MBps that wouldn't work equally as well at 150MBps. You might save a few seconds off a download, but that's about it.

I've got the option of 300MBps Virgin cable, but for my usage my 60/17 FTTC with PlusNet makes more sense.

Soldato
That's because it isn't.

There isn't anything you can use the connection for at 200MBps that wouldn't work equally as well at 150MBps. You might save a few seconds off a download, but that's about it.

I've got the option of 300MBps Virgin cable, but for my usage my 60/17 FTTC with PlusNet makes more sense.

Oh yes there is. My seedbox.

Back
Top Bottom