Selling Nissan 350z .... ideas please ?!

Associate
Evening all, My Dads selling his 350z after purchasing a nice new Lexus is220d but hasn't had any luck selling or even getting any viewings !

Now Im well aware this is a restricted market especially within today's climate but can anyone see something wrong with the eBay listing ? Any major No no's ?

P.S this isnt one of those LOOK AT MY CAR FOR SALE threads, genuine advice wanted please :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140850302896?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
If it were about March next year I'd probably buy that. It's the interior I want and I could deal with the colour (although I'd rather black). Looks like a good advert and the price isn't *too* bad and reflects that it's lowish milage and in good nick.

Associate
OP
If it were about March next year I'd probably buy that. It's the interior I want and I could deal with the colour (although I'd rather black). Looks like a good advert and the price isn't *too* bad and reflects that it's lowish milage and in good nick.

Thanks for the feedback ! :)

Yeah he's looked after it so well I cant believe no one has snapped it up tbf... had two silly offers of £5000 for it which is clearly dealers

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Looks decent enough just got to wait it out.

Only thing for me, and not saying it'd put me off, is the Primewell tyres :p

Associate
OP
Do people really buy cars at that price point from eBay? Presumably you'd have more interest on Pistonheads and/or Autotrader

Well I cant see why not ! eBay isn't what it used to be in terms of reputation for being dodgy ( most of the time :p)

I'm looking at a BMW E92 on the bay at over £13k so it is possible...

Soldato
As above, it wouldn't even enter my head to look on eBay if I want to spend £7000 on a 350z, putting it on PH and AT will likely get a lot more interest.

Associate
Car looks great besides the seat/handbrake colour. I would recommend getting the leather seat bolster repaired, probably cost about £70, but will make car mint.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
The fact it's on eBay probably plays a large part. It's not something I'd associate as being the first port of call when thinking of spending 7k + on a performance car. (Unless I was looking for a repaired / damaged / fixer-upper or a car from a dealer.

This assumption may be inaccurate but it's the assumption which is shared by a lot of people.

Soldato
Ebay is the first mistake.

Nice car BTW!

Common colour though, there will be loads of examples. Other than that they're just hard cars to sell hence why most of us owners feel like we have got a "bargain" when we bought.

Not much help I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good advert, nice car (interior is a bit marmite) but deffo get the bolster sorted.

Have to agree with some of the other posters here, I don't think Ebay is the right place to sell.

Soldato
I would stick it on Pistonheads and see how it sells.

I for one am all for cheap tyres on A-B runarounds, but them Primewall tyres would put me off straight away, I know it is silly but on a car like that it makes me think what else has been scrimped on?

Not saying get a top end premium brand on but look at the price of a mid-high range tyre?

Also with the bolster have a look at leather dyes, may be able to fit it up for cheap?

Soldato
I tend to agree with the above on both points - Pistonheads is a far better place to start, get some dye over that leather and hunt down 2 (even part worn) decent tyres for the front if you're hoping to get close to asking for it.

That and a lot of patience as it's pretty hard to shift cars like the 350 these days - that doesn't mean it's worth an less though, just a matter of waiting for the right buyer.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
2 points I would sort out,

1. Take it for a drive Before the pic so you can clean the front discs up as it looks like it's been standing to an uniformed browser/buyer.
2. Sort the spacing on the advert as its awkward to read. There is lso something about the words I don't like but it's hard to explain. Don't mean to be rude but it seems like an excited kid has posted that about his car rather than a mature owner who loved his pride & joy.

Like I said I mean no offence it's just my opinion for what it's worth. :)

Back
Top Bottom