THE PHANTEKS PRO M ACRYLIC JUST GOT EVEN BETTER

Caporegime
I forgot about this model, recently got distracted by the glass version. Stupid question ahoy but what's the difference? In terms of looking at it with some form of light strip or RGB fans inside? The glass version isn't in stock until the second half of December you see.

OcUK Staff
I forgot about this model, recently got distracted by the glass version. Stupid question ahoy but what's the difference? In terms of looking at it with some form of light strip or RGB fans inside? The glass version isn't in stock until the second half of December you see.

Basically these have acrylic side panel windows, and the Glass version have tempered glass side panels.

Caporegime
Basically these have acrylic side panel windows, and the Glass version have tempered glass side panels.

Cheers, I know that :) - I meant in regards to quality/appeal/finish. Isn't tempered a bit darker? The reason is, if the acrylic is barely any different to the glass, I will just order the former.

Searches on Google seems to be about fish tanks.

Soldato
They need to do these in glass! I'd probably buy one if it was glass as my FD R4 needs PSU screws to secure my GPU in place, not only that but these look decent for AIO/Watercooling setups if I went down that route.

Soldato
Cheers, I know that :) - I meant in regards to quality/appeal/finish. Isn't tempered a bit darker? The reason is, if the acrylic is barely any different to the glass, I will just order the former.

Searches on Google seems to be about fish tanks.

Tempered glass is far harder than plastic, meaning you wont put microfine scratches all over it every time you wipe the dust off. You can clean it daily if you want and it'll still look just as good years from now.

Soldato
Looks great in the product shots, but give it six months lol! Acrylic needs to die. It's fine for what it is, and I can't argue with the price of this, plus the Pro M is a great case, but acrylic is just dreadful stuff so it SHOULD be cheap, because it is. Once you see glass you realise just how much better it looks, not only in and of itself, but how much better your components look behind it with lighting.

Soldato
The black glass version seems to be out of stock everywhere :(. Wanted to get one for my brother for Christmas, but might have to settle for something else.

Caporegime
Thanks for the quick update. If you order a number of items, can you request all to be delivered once the pre-order item is in stock?

Back
Top Bottom