Rig for Adobe Lightroom?

Soldato
Ive started to get into photography a little and have been using Lightroom but my ageing PC isnt quite up to the task and keeps freezing quite often. What sort of budget am I looking at to get something half decent? It wont be for video, just photo editing and the usual office based taks and internet surfing etc.

I've got a mechanical HDD that I can use for storage but would like the OS on a SSD. Ive got a retail copy of Windows 8 I can use (unsure if I can upgrade it again to 10?) so wont need an OS.

Any ideas welcome thanks

Associate
You will need a high end i5 or i7 system, probably high end i5 will do.
SSD will speed OS up and if you use Light Room a lot i would consider installing that to the SSD. Are you looking to have a graphics card? not like it will make much difference in light room

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the advice. I dont think my budget will stretch to a high end i7 so it will have to be an i5.

I dont intend on playing games really although I did consider looking at one of the new rollercoaster tycoon type games so no harm in having one that will play that if it wont break the bank.

I forgot to mention in the OP that I currently have 3 monitors running on 1 cheap graphics cards and off the mobo via VGA/DVI which Id like to keep but assume as long as I get a mobo with the correct slots I can drop in the cheap graphics card if I dont go for an upgraded one?

Back
Top Bottom