**SANTA DELIVERS - ASUS ROG CLAYMORE 100% AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW**

Associate
Price is the price, they have obviously aimed this as a premium item, premium doesnt mean its better in any regard, just means its premium, i.e

"a sum above the nominal or par value of a thing."

If a select few have the money to buy it and feel good about the purchase, why wouldnt ASUS attempt?, supply and demand, if they sell, there is obviously a market for it, just because you cant afford it or feel its not worth the price doesnt mean that will hold true for someone who earns double what you do.

Soldato
Price is the price, they have obviously aimed this as a premium item, premium doesnt mean its better in any regard, just means its premium, i.e

"a sum above the nominal or par value of a thing."

If a select few have the money to buy it and feel good about the purchase, why wouldnt ASUS attempt?, supply and demand, if they sell, there is obviously a market for it, just because you cant afford it or feel its not worth the price doesnt mean that will hold true for someone who earns double what you do.

Whilst what you put is true, as someone who quite often spends large sums of money on PC gear, and be in a fortunate position to be able to afford several of these keyboards, I simply cannot get my head around paying £200 for it.

If it were genuinely a revolution in keyboards and did something way above and beyond 'the norm' - I'd buy it in a heart beat (Actually I'd get one for each PC in the house, so about 6) - but it simply doesn't meet that criteria.

You get the sense it's £200 because they feel they can get £200 and no other rhyme or reason.

Soldato
These RGB mechanicals are getting silly. £200 for a keyboard styled by The Thing, absolutely nuts. Makes me realise what value my second hand £40 k90 was lol.

8 Pack said:
what someone on this forum complaining about price??

This Keyboard really looks the business.

It looks like a toy. ROG is a plague on industry. Charge more for less, style it like a toy. Their keyboards, monitors, motherboards, soundcards, headphones...everything. It's all the same. And yeah it sells, there will always be somebody who will buy something at any price, doesnt mean it's remotely good value for money and no, being 'elite tier' is no excuse for that.

Soldato
These RGB mechanicals are getting silly. £200 for a keyboard styled by The Thing, absolutely nuts. Makes me realise what value my second hand £40 k90 was lol.

It looks like a toy. ROG is a plague on industry. Charge more for less, style it like a toy. Their keyboards, monitors, motherboards, soundcards, headphones...everything. It's all the same. And yeah it sells, there will always be somebody who will buy something at any price, doesnt mean it's remotely good value for money and no, being 'elite tier' is no excuse for that.

of course there is an excuse for that - asus are simply catering to a demand. if people weren't buying the ROG stuff, irrespective of whether it's good or bad they simply wouldn't make it. it's a buyers market and some people will like how the kb looks. remember looks are subjective and some people are prepared to pay a premium for something they think looks nice - again irrespective of functionality
pc cases are a great example, so many of the big ££'s cases I personally think look horrendous. does that mean it is wrong of the manufacturer to create, market and sell these items? course not.
it's all about catering to the customer.

what's that American saying, don't hate the player, hate the game.

Back
Top Bottom