System not posting - Please help!!!

Associate
So I ordered a new build a few months ago, and have had no luck getting it to work... I'm hoping you lovely helpful people on the forums can give me a hand!

The equipment that I'm using is as follows:

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Intel Z170 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX Motherboard
Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-19200C16 2400MHz Dual Channel Kit - White (BLS2C8G4D240FSC)
Super Flower Golden Green HX 750W "80 Plus Gold" Semi-Modular Power Supply - Black
Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Skylake) Socket LGA1151 Processor

I currently have these components assembled together outside the case. I have had the motherboard tested by the overclockers techs and according to them the motherboard is working fine.

When I flip the switch on the PSU, all the lights on the motherboard are lit, but when I turn the motherboard on, the system is not posting. No signal is being detected by my monitor, and I am not getting any beeps from the speaker I have attached to the motherboard.

Any ideas would be helpful! I am at my wits' end with this thing...

Associate
try it with one stick of ram at a time. make sure all the plugs are in correctly and CPU is seated correctly. Sounds stupid but more often than not its something simple and obvious, once all the basics are checked you'll need to make sure all the parts work independently

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks so much for your suggestions! I have tried the build with only one stick of RAM attached, and I think that is the problem - one of the RAM sticks is faulty.

When both are attached, no signal is detected by the monitor. When the 1st is attached alone, the PC starts up just fine. When 2nd is attached alone, a signal is detected by the monitor but it doesn't enter the BIOS screen properly, despite repeated attempts.

I will contact overclockers to let them know! Thanks for your input!

Back
Top Bottom