**** OcUK Secret Santa 2016 - Signup & Discussion Thread ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
OcUK Secret Santa 2016

Here ye Here ye! It's that time of year again, the grand beginning of the OcUK Secret Santa 2016 thread.

Last year's one was a success, and as such, we have decided that it's about time we started one this year to spread the merry word

Many of you will know how Secret Santa's work, however for those that don't, have a Wiki definition:
"Secret Santa is a Western Christmas tradition in which members of a group or community are randomly assigned a person to whom they anonymously give a gift. Often practiced in workplaces or amongst large families, participation in it is usually voluntary. It offers a way for many people to give and receive a gift at low cost, since the alternative gift tradition is for each person to buy gifts for every other person. In this way, the Secret Santa tradition also encourages gift exchange groups whose members are not close enough to participate in the alternative tradition of giving presents to everyone else."

From my experience in previous years, it's been a great laugh, a bit of fun, and a great topic of conversation. It also led to a fair amount of light hearted research of other members by all of the entrants.

Rules are as follows.
  • Gifts must cost a minimum of £10.00 and a maximum of £15.00 This does not include postage.
  • Sign up ends Sunday 13th November 2016. NO new participants will be accepted after this date.
  • All gifts to be posted by the end of Tuesday 6th December. NO EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members must have a minimum of 1000 posts, with Trust enabled. (As an Addendum, anyone with <1000 posts, who has entered in a previous year, and can provide proof of the post from the previous un-wrapup thread where they posted proof of their reception is permitted to enter - provide a link to the previous post where you posted. The unWrapup thread is here: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18567450)
  • A photo of the received gift must be posted in the un-wrap thread. Failure to do so will result in action deemed appropriate by a Mod. Likely a name/avatar change or lengthy suspension and possible removal of access to GD permanently!
  • In the event of a member not sending an item and not responding to correspondence, that member will be perma-banned due to the damage caused to the community and the lack of trust exhibited by that member.
  • In the event of a dispute (due to items lost in the post) proof of postage must be provided to me or a Mod. It would be good practice to save a screenshot of your online orders.
  • Should any other disputes arise then a Mod will be asked to step in and their decision will be Final!
  • Gifts - Can be anything. Use your imagination. Please do warn your Secret Santa if the item is not suitable for being opened around younger family members however.
  • Packaging - Include some reference to OcUK or the Secret Santa on the packaging for obvious reasons
  • The OcUK Secret Santa 2016 is open to UK residents only. That means England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland only. No international participants due to increased cost in shipping.
  • Your Elfster name must include both your OcUK username and your real life name
  • Entry is binding, once you've done so, unfortunately you may not withdraw. This is for logistical reasons.
  • Once entered, please confirm on here.
  • All items must be posted by a trackable service. This includes Royal Mail Special Delivery and Royal Mail First Class Recorded.

First You Must Register at Elfster, To Do So Click Here ---> CLOSED

Once you have signed up:

You must then go to Profile and edit your details, adding your postal address. This Is Important.

Also, in the First Name field, enter your OcUK username first and then your first name.

Example: cainer - Michael

The un-wrap thread will be started on 25th December 2016. This is the thread where you are required to post images of your item having received it. This will also be where I reveal who everybody's Secret Santa was.

There have been increased comments over the past few years about people not posting photos of the received gifts and such like, hence the new increased post count. Unfortunately this will exclude some members, however it is a measure we feel needs to be made.

Any problems, email me or a Mod through Trust.

HO HO HO.

And if I've missed anything glaringly obvious, please let me know :)

List of confirmed signed up members - :)D = pressie received)

Ace Modder :D
Ahleckz :D
booyaka :D
cainer :D
chriscpritchard :D
Cleisthenes :D
Clov!s :D
davido_labido :D
Diddums :D
dotty27 :D
Gimpymoo :D
Goodie :D