Overclocking MSI Laptop screen

Associate
Hi guys,

I just recently got myself the GT62VR 6RE that has a 1080p 60hz screen but as previously I was playing on a TN 144hz monitor for the desktop I can notice the change in refresh rate and frames. Don't get me wrong the new laptop feels smooth and definitely happy with it but sometimes I just think about how smooth my desktop monitor was.
I have had a little go at overclocking my screen but only gone upto 63hz as 64hz causes tearing across the screen and 65hz crashes.

Do screens usually overclock higher or is this about right?
I used Nvidia control panel and set a custom resolution and applied it but nothing else, is there anything else I could try to get the refresh higher?

Tom

Associate
I have overclocked my Dell desktop screens before, from the std 60hz, successfully to 90hz, they would not go higher.

I seem to recall I did it by creating a custom profile on the Nvidia control panel and then using that, but it was about 2 years ago.

I didn't have the nerve to maintain it though as I had read on the internet of some guys overclocking and damaging the electronics.

link to original post about it is here;

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18587379&highlight=overclocking+startername_martin363

Martin

Back
Top Bottom