Amazon Prime Payment Deduction

Associate
I recieved a letter today telling me I wasn't using any of my Amazon Prime Video Benefits. The letter gave detailed ways to access my Prime account and how to set it up on all my devices. But I wasn't aware I had Amazon Prime. I'm sure I unclicked the box for Amazon Prime at time of Checkout Payment for my online orders. So I looked in my Amazon Prime Section and turns out they deducted £79 from my credit card and just decided not to tell me on the 18th July 2016. And there was a "handy reminder" telling me when the next payment would be taken out. I cancelled my Prime Account and as I haven't used their Video services I will be given a full refund within 7-10 working day. If they didn't take the time to post me this letter i'd have been none the wiser. My main concern was I could have gone overdrawn on my Bank Account. Luckly I had enough money in at the time to cover that payment. I suggest you take 5 mins outta your day and check your accounts to see if youve been scammed like me.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I can understand why you feel scammed, it's sharp practice and you won't be the first or last person caught out by it. I wish Amazon and other companies wouldn't do it.

OTOH I am a Prime subscriber and I think it's great value for money.

POB

POB

Soldato
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Perhaps Amazon can send you some tissues and tiny violin next day with your Prime membership.

Alternatively contact the customer services. They are excellent and might help you with a refund.

Soldato
Soldato
While the OP is being a tad dramatic about the whole thing, one or two replies are a little harsh. It does catch you out. It got me too, but a simple few clicks got me a refund and what I wanted. :)

Soldato
I signed up for 30 day trials of Apple Music and Experian and forgot to cancel before the free 30 day trial was up, they bagged an extra month subscription out of me.

I agree things could be clearer and reminders sent but its not a scam OP.

Associate
They sold you a service you agreed to but haven't used...? Not sure how it can be a scam.

They even told you when you weren't using a service you'd paid for...!

Associate
OP
I have looked into my last payment on 15th July 2016 and there was no £79 added to my order. And I did pay for delivery charges on that delivery. But my Bank Account was deducted on 18th July.

Associate
What a misleading title!

You signed up for prime and forgot to unchecked the box, they sent you a letter and are issuing a refund.

Not a scam, it's your own fault!

Soldato
Why would it be on your order, a subscription to prime is a separate transaction to the items. It wont be on the receipt of the items you first use prime for.

Did the original receipt make a mention of standard delivery or paid for delivery?

Associate
OP
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Perhaps Amazon can send you some tissues and tiny violin next day with your Prime membership.

Alternatively contact the customer services. They are excellent and might help you with a refund.
I did try the customer support number. It just disconnects. I may take them up on the tissues. Thanks for the friendly advice...

Back
Top Bottom