Samsung S27A950D 3D Vision "hack"

Soldato
Someone posted a link to an awesome guide with pictures on how to do this with the samsung drivers. I think it involved changed the monitor id in windows and installing a hacked driver. Something I wanted to try but I can't find the link!

Caporegime
1.) Download and install the latest Nvidia drivers.

2.) You need to disable Windows from fetching drivers from windows update else it will download drivers you don't want and won't work (System > Advanced System Settings > Hardware > Device Installation Settings > Never install driver software from Windows Update)

3.) Download http://kostasoft.com/downloads/3Dvision.zip and install DSF-KitSetup

4.) Run the init_x64.bat file

5.) run the enablestereo.bat ; You'll notice it tries to install a driver and fails so you then download nvidia drivers version 285.62, extract them to desktop and cancel the installation.

6.) Go into device manager and find NVIDIA steroscopic 3d usb controller, right click and update driver software > browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Have Disk... > Browse to "C:\nvidia\DisplayDriver\285.62\WinVista_Win7_64\E nglish\NV3DVisionUSB.Driver" (alter as appropiate if you selected to extract the driver files somewhere else). Let it install those drivers which it should do successfully.

7.) Download this inf http://3dvision-blog.com/forum/download/file.php?id=122 and install it in a similar fashion to the Nvidia 3D Vision USB Driver

8.) Restart your PC

9.) Run enablestereo.bat

10.) Go into Nvidia Control panel, you should see your monitor is 3D Vision enabled, to see the 3D effects you'll need to run your monitor in "Frame Sequential"

That's how I did it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks martini, that looks similar. :)

Do you happen to have a link to the original guide? I'm pretty sure you can use the latest drivers with that...

Caporegime
Thanks martini, that looks similar. :)

Do you happen to have a link to the original guide? I'm pretty sure you can use the latest drivers with that...

The two guides I picked I created mine from didn't make a massive amount of sense, I struggled to get it working until I did it my own way.

It's only the USB 3D Vision driver that you downgrade, you use your latest Graphic driver still.

Associate
OP
when trying to do step 6 I get an error which says

"The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for x64-based systems."

Caporegime
Have you got the Emulator running when you try to do it?
You should just be able to navigate to the 285.62 folder and go to the USB Vision driver.
I assume you did download the 285.62 64 bit drivers and extracted them?

Back
Top Bottom