Spec a laptop

Associate
Hi all,

Was thinking of getting a laptop for a few games like league and WoW and CS GO. I have a desktop for all the newer titles.

For these games would a 970M be enough? I was going to get a laptop with a 1060 but maybe that's a bit overkill for what I need especially at £300 more. Saying that, I have read sites that say to just get a 1060...

Little confused and hoping for some guidance!

TLDR: Is a 970M a better option for what i'm doing, especially when i'm saving £300?

Thanks!

Associate
Hi all,

Was thinking of getting a laptop for a few games like league and WoW and CS GO. I have a desktop for all the newer titles.

For these games would a 970M be enough? I was going to get a laptop with a 1060 but maybe that's a bit overkill for what I need especially at £300 more. Saying that, I have read sites that say to just get a 1060...

Little confused and hoping for some guidance!

TLDR: Is a 970M a better option for what i'm doing, especially when i'm saving £300?

Thanks!

Same boat looking for a new laptop, I've kinda zoomed up and down the budget but have decided it's not worth spending all that cash and not getting a 10x card, they have loads more performance and will be much more future proof.

A 1060 is quite a bit faster than a 970m if you don't ever plan on playing anything other than those games you should be fine but my experience is theirs always another game that comes out that you might want to play.

I'm going for a 1060 as a min, a 1070 if I can talk my wallet into it

Back
Top Bottom