Z170 recommendations

Associate
I'm looking for a recommendations for a new Z170 1151 board with SLI and M.2 support and good overclocking features.

I'm iffy about getting another Asus as I've had past problems. I've had my eye on the Gigabyte Gaming 7 but I'm a little wary of the sound problems that seem quite widespread. Looking to spend under £200 and the Gigabyte is still top of the list but looking for alternatives due to the sound problems.

Soldato
Just gonna throw it in here but i'm really happy with my past two Asus boards, my Z170 Deluxe has been and continues to be great.

Soldato
Very pleased with the maximus ranger viii. Pretty much everything you could possibly want without getting too frivolous.

Associate
OP
I was originally looking at the ranger and hero. I know problems are rare but my confidence is a bit shaken in Asus. I suppose I would still consider an Asus, especially considering the problems I've read about with the Gigabyte.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I have the Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 (cheaper by £50, but still has all the important features). Seems to be a great board, although not fully set it all up yet. It's running 3000MHz RAM and a 6700K. I quite like a lot of the features of it really, especially the DAC-UP USB ports at the top, which have isolated power channels and are designed to be used by external DAC amps, performance keyboards and the like, so perfect for me :)

Gigabyte are the only manufacturer that actively has a dual BIOS set-up on all their boards,whereas other makers tend to only have such a luxury on their higher end boards only.

Last edited:
Associate
Been looking at the Gigabyte Gaming 7 myself and at that price point it seems tough to make great distinctions between the boards. Reviews of the onboard sound seem good but I have seen user comments cross the net that mention sound issues but I've not seen anything resembling "proof" of such.

Back
Top Bottom