Party Food/Canapés.

Soldato
I'm having around 20 people over on Saturday for a Halloween party and I need to do food!

I was thinking four canapés, 20 of each and a big slow roasted joint and baps. But I haven't a clue about canapés! They need to be quick to make, and look impressive.

I'm in a flat, so can't do a bbq or I would!

Help me! And if anyone wants to come, then trust me! I've sorted the cocktaols, just need the food.

Soldato
Quesadilla wedges? Just tortillas dry fried in a pan stuffed with cheese, onion and sweet peppers until the cheese has melted and they're light brown. Left them cool a little on a rack and cut into wedges.

Pumpkin and Feta tarts? Make a quick short crust, blind bake mini tart cases, roast some cubes of pump kin until soft add a few to each tart with some feta mix some double cream and eggs and top up the tart with a little of the mixture and bake. Caraway or fennel sprinkled over just before baking might add a zing.

Roast chorizo on sticks? Buy some cheap Lidl chorizo sausages, chop into nice little chunks, put in earthenware dish cover to halfway with oil, and bake turning the chorizo half way through provide cocktail sticks and some torn bread for dipping.

A few ideas off the top of my head ideas.

Soldato
Cheese and pineapple? :D

It really depends on how much work you want to put in. Store bought stuff is definitely the easiest way, but you could make your own guacamole and other dips (always had the biggest compliments for home made guac and proper raita), mini bruschetta, oven roasted Camembert and sourdough for dipping. Sausage rolls, sliders and chicken satay are pretty straightforward to make too. Whatever you like to eat just smaller!

Back
Top Bottom