Monitor exchange potentially difficult - anybody done one of these?

Associate
I've bought a wide screen monitor from overclockers, unpacked it, peeled of the plastic covers (the clear film), tried it for about an hour, and realised I should have gone for a large 4k instead.

Can I return it in view of the fact that the plastic film has been peeled off, and how do I post this thing. The box is absolutely huge! Do they maybe use collect+ ?

Anybody else been in this position? If so, what happened?

Soldato
It also says

"You are liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods. For example, if it goes beyond the sort of handling that might reasonably be allowed in a shop. We will deduct this amount from the value of the refund."

Associate
It also says

"You are liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods. For example, if it goes beyond the sort of handling that might reasonably be allowed in a shop. We will deduct this amount from the value of the refund."

Vzeukqe.gif.png

Seriously though I would contact someone at OCUK and figure out specifics before you decide on any moves with this monitor.

Mobster
Soldato
If I was buying a monitor at that price I would certainly spend around an hour in a shop having a play with it, so if thats all you have done then it would warrant a full refund.

This rule is open to interpretation, some might play for 5 mins with it, or even just look at it, but were not all the same.

Soldato
If I was buying a monitor at that price I would certainly spend around an hour in a shop having a play with it, so if thats all you have done then it would warrant a full refund.

This rule is open to interpretation, some might play for 5 mins with it, or even just look at it, but were not all the same.

It should be fine but if I was op I would have kept all the plastics on until I was sure. I did when I got mine just incase. With postage you will struggle to get insurance, most couriers will take it but at you're own risk.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom