*** The official Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" ultra-wide thread ***

Soldato
Just taken delivery of mine, Straight out of the box 100hz minimal bleed.

Happy with it, will test over a few days and see if I can notice any major differences between this and the x34 predator.

Associate
I noticed tonight on my screen that the slight bleed i have (had) on the top left, moved to the top right, which i thought was weird..

so took a microfibre cloth and gently wiped from the centre of the screen to the edge, and boom, no more bleed. at all, none, worked on the small patch on the lower right too. may need to do it a couple of times, every time i did it it changed slightly, so stopped when it had gone.

of course this means it will come back if you touch the thing, but hell no bleed is better than a small amount, but its easy to redo, i just did it in a dark room with a solid black desktop background.

be gentle though, only very light pressure.

this of course doesnt do anything to the ips glow the corners can get. (orange/yellowish)

Regarding other posts here:

100hz is very noticeable, even in the windows desktop, mouse and window movement much smoother.

Tftcentral give 27 brightness for their 'optimal' settings which i use, i also use their 97,99,100 rgb which to my eyes also looks better.

Fantastic monitor!

Last edited:
Associate
I noticed tonight on my screen that the slight bleed i have (had) on the top left, moved to the top right, which i thought was weird..

so took a microfibre cloth and gently wiped from the centre of the screen to the edge, and boom, no more bleed. at all, none, worked on the small patch on the lower right too. may need to do it a couple of times, every time i did it it changed slightly, so stopped when it had gone.

of course this means it will come back if you touch the thing, but hell no bleed is better than a small amount, but its easy to redo, i just did it in a dark room with a solid black desktop background.

be gentle though, only very light pressure.

this of course doesnt do anything to the ips glow the corners can get. (orange/yellowish)

Regarding other posts here:

100hz is very noticeable, even in the windows desktop, mouse and window movement much smoother.

Tftcentral give 27 brightness for their 'optimal' settings which i use, i also use their 97,99,100 rgb which to my eyes also looks better.

Fantastic monitor!
I seen that done with the blb before but god I wouldn't have the balls I'd **** it up:)Fair play.

Soldato
If you can see the bleed in game I would send it back tbh. In fact I would send it back as you can get it £200 cheaper at plenty of places also.

Soldato
Im not sure you know, some people have it way worse, playing panel lottery aswell hmm.

I do know, I went through 2 panels myself before getting one which had no issues. Of course it is a lottry but if its causing issues while gaming (during fairly light scenes, during very black scenes a bit coming through would be understandable) and is visible, then yeah I would and have sent a panel back.

Just my two cents :)

Associate
Just make sure that this is not an IPS glow (it may be as usual indication when all four corners are lit more or less same).
Try to take picture from at least 4 meter distance (since this is panel curvature radius) - and see if glow disappears. If its bleed, it won't disappear.

It never hurts to be critical. Its unlikely that you will have to keep screen forever and even, and think what will happen when (most likely) you will try to sell it - because buyers most likely will be critical and not convincing themselves that "its just a little bleed, its alright".

Last edited:
Associate
I am honestly in two minds.

The first pic is obviously over exposed, the second is with reduced camera brightness pretty much the lowest.

Noticeable in games, I dunno, for £1,199....lol.....

MYtzOUk.jpg

pnr84N8.jpg

Looks similar to mine to be fair. Was a bit miffed at first, but got used to it very quickly.

Why on earth did you pay £1,199 for it??? It is less than a grand everywhere now.

Soldato
Looks similar to mine to be fair. Was a bit miffed at first, but got used to it very quickly.

Why on earth did you pay £1,199 for it??? It is less than a grand everywhere now.

I dislike buying from anywhere else other than OCUK, was not too bothered by the price personally. I've never got better CS anywhere else.

Associate
Got mine for £894 from the jungle, got lucky with a price drop for literally an hour or so.

those with bleed, try what i suggested, i bet it works for you.

Mobster
Soldato
I almost buckled and bought one of these today. At £1289.99 here though it sure as hell wouldn't have been from overclockers. Rain forest selling them in stock for £340 less! Good lord have they lost the plot?

Best

Wulf

Unfortunately some companies think you should be paying for good CS, in reality it should be a given.

Back
Top Bottom