Gaming chair options for racing/sim's

Associate
It strikes me that the current range of gaming chairs are a bit limited for gamers that play sims or racing games. As soon as you push on pedals on a swivel chair, you either slide back on the castors or the chair pivots.

It's hard to gauge how much demand is out there for a chair that deals with the above problem, but I have seen other threads talking about the same issue. Does anyone else think this requirement/niche is out there?

Could Overclockers look to develop and provide options on their chairs, either locking the castors and rotation, or providing a cantilever type base with some kind of ability to tailor the height (maybe something a simple as shims in the assembly?).

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Try one of these as a cheap solution:
is-the-ikea-poang-chair-useful-in-a-sensory-diet-21309086.jpg

Associate
If your chair is resting on a carpet you don't really have a problem with pedals imho as the force to depress the pedal is not typically enough to move the chair. You do get a small about of swivel though through the base..

I do definitely agree there is a market for proper gaming chairs and accessories that cater to these needs which is why it annoys me to see the current crop of 'gaming chairs' completely ignore the quite obvious needs of gamers despite the asking price.

Associate
hi, I found some feet like that called office chair glides. Now is there definitely not a chair which locks it's rotation? save me from spending hundreds on a sim racing frame, this chair I use for my PC at the moment is falling to pieces anyway so it would be a great solution

Back
Top Bottom