PSVR launching October @ £349

Soldato
Heck, I took a new car for an hour-long test drive from the dealership recently and it cost me the grand total of...£0. There was no SDE, the tracking was flawless, and it looked awesome. Admittedly it was more of a seated experience.

Have you tried the Oculus or HTC Vive.

To describe the tracking as flawless goes against all other reports...

Associate
I tried out the PSVR in Bristol last week at Sony's 'Experience Playstation VR' tour. Had 5-10 minutes on Battlezone after a full explanation on how to get it set up from an assistant.

They had around 10 booths set up in there with around 5 different games. All of it was free with no pressure to buy.

Soldato
Years? Very unlikely, at the rate of technology evolution it'll be 2 years MAX before we see a version 2 of all three devices. I prepared to wait a while because the V2 should be fully backwards compatible with all developed games. I'm in no rush to get onto VR

You might be right with the PC stuff but not the PSVR because they will still need more power from the PS4 to be able to cope surely (Im sure Sony would have pushed out 1080p now if they could have)

Therefore the 2nd Gen (if 1st gen is successful of course) wont be before PS5 is released which has to be the best part of 3 years away. Usually officially announced 1 year + before release and Sony will surely see how sales are going into and beyond next Christmas (ie Xmax '17) before announcing, annouce any time before and they mess up at least one holiday period of sales

Associate
Anyone tried the the settings for the psvr in the ps4 menu under devices? Apparently you can set pupil distance and calibrate controllers etc. Might be useful if people are having trouble with picture quality or tracking.

Associate
I will say that after trying Batman, it felt like the hands were reprojectingrhe whole time and there was this weird world shift if I whipped my head around quickly. Plus it's really quite blurry too.

Would have loved to see how this game worked on a Vive.

Back
Top Bottom