Recommend me a 1080p 60fps?

Associate
My current monitor is an ancient 1680:1050 samsung. With many games having black borders and the backlight dimming I need a new one.

PC is haswell i5 with a gx970, so 1080p 60fps, is all I need (or want tbh with the scaling issues for older/emulated/strategy games).

That being said I'm willing to spend some money so how good can I get?

I would like something that's solidly built. I don't want some 'no-bezel' thing that feels like it's going to break in half when you try and tilt it on it's pound-shop stand.

Thanks.

Soldato
I've had this one for over 3 years now, and it's still flawless (to my eyes):

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...el-led-monitor-black-with-bang-mo-049-as.html

Beautiful colours (had to tweak some settings to get it looking more realistic). Mine overclocks to 74Hz but I run it at 70. Funny, but the difference from 60 to 70 is what prevents me getting dizzy in games where there's a lot of swivelling around or taking corners at high speed when driving. Makes the text appear a bit sharper too. I'm more sensitive to these things than I used to be when younger, and I'll be looking at 100Hz minimum for my next monitor.

If you don't mind an older (2012) but "trusted" model, you can't go too wrong with it. The stand is metal, solid and heavy. It can only be tilted, not raised/lowered, if that's an issue. And no Display Port can be an issue for some too.

Back
Top Bottom