Monitor for xbox one s and pc

Associate
Hi, I'm looking for monitor for xbox and pc. I can spend for that something around 220£. What you think, I can buy something good for this price?

Associate
Im also in the same situation of wanting a monitor for PC gaming and xbox one s, Im hoping more details will be released for the Philips BDM4037UW soon as it looks to be a good option or the Predator 4k2k XB321HK 32" 3840x2160 IPS G-Sync.

Associate
I'd go for a monitor, I use BENQ XL2430T which is 144Hz for PC and then i have one of them connected to my PC and PS4 so i switch the input when needed. For you'r budget you could get something better then the BENQ one you listed, and one that might have better colour definitions. My monitor is great for colours for a TN panel

Associate
OP
Okay, I bought Benq RL2755 and refunded this already because it has a lot of ghosting so make games unplayable for me. I'm looking again for buy monitor or tv for pc games/xbox one, I can spend something like 300 pounds so any suggestions?

Associate
For computer usage, and ESPECIALLY for gaming usage, I would strongly recommend NOT to purchase a Philips TV. They all (and I don't like to generalize, but from what I've seen with Philips, in this case you can) have relatively high input lag, in addition to some color gradient issues. Stay away from Philips, seriously.

Ps. I'm myself a disappointed Philips 42PFL6907T user. Philips customer care & product support == horrible and shameful.

Associate
Well, you could try one of the new Samsung monitors:
Samsung S27F350FHU
Samsung C27F398FWU
Samsung C27F581FDU
Samsung C27F591FDU (not sure what's the difference to the 581, which is apparently newer)

In any case, fairly cheap run-of-the-mill monitors. Whichever you can find on stock, might be worth a try. Would be eyeing these myself, but I'd personally prefer 32"+ and 144Hz. So waiting on Acer XZ321Q (£450), myself. Though I have heard that Acer is not very trustworthy with their customer service, if things go sideways, for any reason. If Samsung offered the same features, I'd be willing to pay £100 more for it.

Associate
With monitors, you're almost always guaranteed to get less than 20ms input lag. With TVs, you're lucky to get below 30ms. On the contrary, it's more common to get one with 50ms or more. As such, you should always first consult reviewers. Unfortunately, reviewers usually seem more interested in the higher-end models, which your budget won't permit. Therefore, no applicable reviews.

Best bet would be to search youtube for user reviews. They probably won't have any accurate readings for input lag, but will possibly give a general opinion on how their particular model copes for gaming.

I used to recommend hdtvtest.co.uk for HDTV reviews with input lag measurements, but they've totally went to the wrong direction with regards to the budget. This year, the average price for their reviewed models is £3176, with only ONE model going below £1000, and even that was £950.

Anyway, currently I wouldn't even recommend a HDTV for gaming, even if you could find one for a reasonable price. FreeSync/G-Sync seems to be the game changer, and until it reaches the TVs, I wouldn't recommend HDTVs. Especially the FreeSync seems to gathering market share, and because it's an industry standard, it will become even more ubiquituos in the coming years. On the other hand, those features won't affect console gaming. So, if you don't intend to game much on the PC, then a HDTV should indeed be a worthwhile consideration for the current console generation. Assuming you find favorable reviews, that is.

But also note that currently the monitor market is riddled with bad quality control issues (bleed, glow, blur, etc.), and if you send the flawed unit back for exchange, you will probably get back an even worse unit. From what I've understood, HDTV market isn't riddled with these sort of hardware issues, but more with firmware/software side issues and bugs. In addition to the input lag limits. Philips seems to be a poster boy for all these. During my visits of the 2012 subforum, I've noticed that all the other subforums are also crowded with people having problems with their sets. Some people managed to change their models to a newer Philips model, only to face the same problems again.

Conclusion:
1) If you want to gamble, go for a HDTV - you might get lucky
2) If you like to play it safe, go for a run-of-the-mill monitor (preferably FreeSync/G-Sync)
3) If you want to waste money and get an inferior product, go for a Philips

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom