Poll: Brazilian Grand Prix 2016, São Paulo - Race 20/21

Rate the 2016 Brazilian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
It is easy to say Lewis has lost the title due to reliablity, but then you could say he won his 2008 title thanks to Massa's engine blowing 3 laps to the end at Hungary.....he has had good fortune and bad that's the way it goes.

I doubt anyone will believe Nico is a better driver than him no matter the outcome of this year.

If Hamilton just had just one engine issue I would agree but hes had what 5 or 6 leading to replacement engines needed. How many has Rosberg or the other 7 Merc powered cars had.... 0.

If Hamilton just had 1 spot of bad luck with his engine its highly likely he a far bit ahead.

Soldato
It is easy to say Lewis has lost the title due to reliablity, but then you could say he won his 2008 title thanks to Massa's engine blowing 3 laps to the end at Hungary.....he has had good fortune and bad that's the way it goes.

I doubt anyone will believe Nico is a better driver than him no matter the outcome of this year.

Difference is Massa diddnt have his engine blown 5/6 times that season...

And if Ham qualifies in pole and wins the race, statistically he is better then Roseberg by winning 10 races vs 9 and what 12 poles instead of 8/9 that roseberg has?

Caporegime
In this day and age there's not a chance that is 100% of the radio transmissions.

They are all unencrypted, but you think there was only 1 transmission on the formation lap at the USGP? Seriously?

Ok, perhaps not all radio messages are available to the public but I know all radio messages are sent using the same systems monitored by FOM. And they must also be unencrypted.

Man of Honour
Pick up a lot of extra comms via the live timing app/website, which is cool. Have it open en to glance at during race to find out more info and things the commentators have missed.

Soldato
Rosberg actually surprised me, he was no where near as useless in the wet as I was expecting him to be.

I can't see him losing now though, he won Abu Dhabi last year, he's in one of the 2 fastest cars on the grid, cruising home in second should be very easy.

Soldato
I can't see him losing now though, he won Abu Dhabi last year, he's in one of the 2 fastest cars on the grid, cruising home in second should be very easy.

Indeed. Neither Ferrari nor Red Bull will be a threat in Abu Dhabi either so Rosberg just needs to stay out of trouble. Lewis' only hope is mechanical issues for Rosberg or someone taking him off.

I'm praying for an engine blow-up in either car tbh. If it's Rosberg then Lewis gets the title he deserves. If it's Lewis then the title was likely going to Rosberg anyway and it'll just serve to emphasise the luck he's had all year.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Lewis' engine blew in Malaysia because it was too hot IIRC? Given Abu Dhabi is a hot place (albeit a twilight race) there is a slim possibility that reliability may still play a part if either engine is approaching the end of life.

I hope not, but I've got a funny feeling we'll see someone with an issue.

Soldato
Rosberg could win even if he fails to finish. If he's winning and his car blows up and it's near the end and the race is red-flagged, then - IIRC - the race may be ended and the results as of the end of the previous lap would stand as the final result.

Soldato
Lewis' engine blew in Malaysia because it was too hot IIRC? Given Abu Dhabi is a hot place (albeit a twilight race) there is a slim possibility that reliability may still play a part if either engine is approaching the end of life.

I hope not, but I've got a funny feeling we'll see someone with an issue.

It was a "random" big end/crankshaft that broke without warning, nothing to do with heat

Soldato
Rosberg could win even if he fails to finish. If he's winning and his car blows up and it's near the end and the race is red-flagged, then - IIRC - the race may be ended and the results as of the end of the previous lap would stand as the final result.

There's about the same chance as that happening than there is of it being a wet race i think... Haha! It'll will be an uneventful 1-2 for Mercedes and Rosberg will take the title and hopefully get over himself. :o:D

Ideally losing a front wing on the first lap and him having to battle his way back through the pack would be more entertaining and make him work for it but i doubt that will happen either. If I'm honest most drivers are going to leave the Mercs to it and put up no resistance to any moves made on them. Except Max, because Max.

Soldato
What would be really fun is Rosberg going out and Hamilton having a puncture or front wing damage early on, having to fight his way through the field. Bonus points if Verstappen is also involved and similarly has to recover.

Soldato
What would be really fun is Rosberg going out and Hamilton having a puncture or front wing damage early on, having to fight his way through the field. Bonus points if Verstappen is also involved and similarly has to recover.

Unfortunately even when Rosberg has gone towards the back of the grid he's been able to get good results simply due to the brilliance of the Mercedes'. If anyone had a car that could challenge the Merc consistently, Rosberg would be nowhere. I'm not going to use the word fighting because he really doesn't fight, the pace just let's him overtake cars through pit-stops etc.

I have minimal respect for Rosberg. Lucky to be in the car he is and a totally undeserving competitor, and potential world champion....which is nauseating :p

Back
Top Bottom