• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Why does my multiplier change thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I wish I could turn off Turbo boost >.< if I have manual Multiplier setting's it is always enabled but to my knowledge does f all surely? my speed never changes under load so seems a bit pointless to have it forced enabled to me.

Associate
The instability can come in overclocking. In a few rare cases, the maximum achievable clock speed's FSB will disagree with the Speed step multiplier. They are trick-shot combination which are unstable. If you find speed step makes your system unstable that will not change your thread.

Associate
Speed step is a great feature, I cringe when I see the advice of turning it off (when no overclocking is involved), I've even found it to be excellent with overclocking so it's worth leaving on if even you do overclock unless it causes instability, no need for 4GHz just to browse ocuk :p.
I started to think I was the only one that left it on whether overclocked or not.

Associate
Sorry if it's been mentioned already but when overclocking mobile apu chips with combined cpu & gpu like the Amd trinity series go to your win7 control panel - power options - show additional plans then select high performance.
This prevents windows from throttling the basic core frequencies to save power.

Associate
Hello guys,

Reading the OP, there is a dead link for some software which helps to show if the turbo boost is working or not: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/conf...Name=&lang=eng

Is there an updated version of this software, or something similar? I would like to monitor my CPU to see if speed boost is working.

Thanks

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25994/Intel-Turbo-Boost-Max-Technology-3-0

try sometimes to type in something in to search window and you might be lucky like me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom