• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

CPU Not Clocking Down

Associate
Okay so i have a strange one here that I've had for a few months now...

My CPU works fine until i open one piece of software, Sony Vegas. This never used to happen and it does seem to have this issue for all Sony Vegas software versions.

When i open up Sony Vegas my CPU power usage will go up which is understandable but when losing the application even after hours of leaving the PC idle the Power usage will be at max meaning my temps are high. The Frequency for the CPU just wont go back to idle state.

If i go into windows and go onto the Power Options and restore the power plan to default settings this fixes the issue until i re-open the software.

My get around at the moment is i have written a script that runs in a .bat file that sets my power plan to what i have it on and restores the defaults then applies my changes such as never go to sleep. I also have this script to run every 2 hours, on boot and when i open and close Sony Vegas. Took quite some time to think of the logic.

This is only happening with this piece of software and i use alternatives for video editing anyway but it is bugging me and i want to know if anyone else has had this issue occur. I'm open to try changing some settings, and i also want to add that this has not always happened with Sony Vegas... i think it started after i did a windows re-install but i cant be certain this is when it started.

Thanks anyway, i know its a strange one.

Back
Top Bottom