new ddr3 for asus maximus ranger

Associate
hi all

so i have been getting a few BSOD lately and ive run a few memory tests and ive been getting some errors so im going to buy some new memory but a bit stuck on what to get so any help would be great
cheers Nathan

i7 4790K
Asus Maximus VII Ranger
r9 290x
this is the memory that came with the bundle and ive been using but it is now showing errors
AMD Gamer 8GB (2x4GB) PC3-19200C11 2400MHz Dual Channel Memory Kit

Associate
Hi. Check the memory compatibility sheet for that motherboard and pick one of those. I am using kingston hyperX fury and they are working fine. But You can buy better ones(kingston hyperX Savage or Beast) either ones should work fine.

Soldato
hi all

so i have been getting a few BSOD lately and ive run a few memory tests and ive been getting some errors so im going to buy some new memory but a bit stuck on what to get so any help would be great
cheers Nathan

i7 4790K
Asus Maximus VII Ranger
r9 290x
this is the memory that came with the bundle and ive been using but it is now showing errors
AMD Gamer 8GB (2x4GB) PC3-19200C11 2400MHz Dual Channel Memory Kit

Be aware it may be your CPU/overclock causing these memory errors. Your CPU houses the memory controller. Running memory at higher than stock can result in your CPU causing these memory errors.

The 4790k only officially supports 1600Mhz, whilst 99% of all CPU's will be able to run much faster memory than this, some simply cannot.

Try running your memory at stock (1600Mhz) and your CPU at stock and see if you still get these errors.

Associate
OP
Be aware it may be your CPU/overclock causing these memory errors. Your CPU houses the memory controller. Running memory at higher than stock can result in your CPU causing these memory errors.

The 4790k only officially supports 1600Mhz, whilst 99% of all CPU's will be able to run much faster memory than this, some simply cannot.

Try running your memory at stock (1600Mhz) and your CPU at stock and see if you still get these errors.

Im all stock settings no oc ive just ordered 16gb of corsair vengance pro 1600 from amazon not sure how long it will take as its out of stock but the price was to good not to order

Back
Top Bottom