• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

bsod code 9c

Associate
Hi. So this morning I came down to my pc off. It now just freezes on the windows icon loading screen. I tried to do a fresh install and got a bsod code 9c. Could the cpu be fried? I then tried to reinstall using raid 0 on 2 ssds, win install files loaded to the win lead screen then froze again

Man of Honour
09C usually happens due to not enough voltage - sometimes need to increase VTT or system agent 1 notch occasionally it needs a slight bump in vcore or reducing the overclock a little.

If its a system that has been overclocked and stable for awhile - I see a 2600K in your sig then it might be the CPU is degrading and no longer stable at the original overclock and settings.

Associate
OP
Memtest running now. I as I said I have taken off the overclock for now. I think I have a parted magic disc somewhere. If it boots up with that then can I assume the cpu is working ok?

Associate
OP
Memtest was ok. I tried running a cronies to recover.again it locked up as soon as acorns started. I have ab acronyms boot disc so I tried that and it still froze. I'm thinking the cpu is bad

Caporegime
Possible that the CPU just needs a bit more voltage now (even at stock clocks) because of years of running with a hefty overclock.

I'd be tempted to give it a couple of clicks more voltage and see if that helps.

Associate
OP
unplugged evrything and took out 3 rams sticks. put in a different gpu, still froze then bsod 9c. it has to be the cpu???? anyway i just bought another 2600k from the mm. if not i can resell it. thoughts???

Back
Top Bottom