Vodafone Smart Ultra 6

Associate
Got my refund from Amazon. Now do I buy another or is there something better out for around the same price?

i am in the same boat. got a refund due to screen delaminating.

i am thinking moto g4 or g4 plus. a bit more money but still value and also get MM and probably N. turbo charge, good camera and touch sensor on the plus.

also no voda branding.

i miss my su6 but the world has moved on.

Soldato
I also had a look over the g4. I'm just not sure if its worth me paying the extra, only thing that's drawing me to it is MM and future updates, rest of the stuff doesn't really bother me but it the NFC is slightly annoying..

Associate
Hi all,

Anyone heard about the Quadrooter vulnerability. According to the quadrooter scanner my su6 is affected by it, so others may well be.

Associate
Hi all,

Anyone heard about the Quadrooter vulnerability. According to the quadrooter scanner my su6 is affected by it, so others may well be.

Apparently ..."An attacker would have to trick a user into installing a malicious app, which unlike some malware wouldn't require any special permissions. "

Google is also actively checking and blocking such apps from the playstore.

So if no update, then don't worry unless getting apps from somewhere dodgy.

Soldato
Mine had stopped finding signal over the past few weeks. Ordered at the end fo December 2015 and just spoke to Amazon regarding my options, they're giving me a refund and practically threw it at me! Brilliant service from Amazon, just a bit disappointing because for the price the phone is brilliant.

Definitely going to go back to iOS though :p

Soldato
I ordered another, don't want to spend any more cash on a phone really so having a tenner in my pocket from the original price refund was a bonus. New one turned up today, went to pop in the sim and....
IMG_20160814_220059290.jpg

Unbelievable! Amazon are sending me another phone tomorrow..

Associate
Mines started to get the delamination around the edges of the screen.

Not sure whether mine just happened or it crept up on me until I noticed. There are different pics around showing varying levels of problem.

The easiest way to test this is to look at the screen at an angle, in daylight, with the screen turned off.

Sure this is not a real-world use case, but if there is a frosty looking border to the screen, however small, then it is the start of the problem.

Mine did not show when I had a wallpaper displayed.... but against a black screen (or when switched off) in daylight it is pretty easy to tell if affected.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sent mine away to Vodafone for repair of the LCD. Considering I dropped it off with them last Monday I'm a bit surprised they've only just dispatched it on Friday 12th) and it's still not at the repair center.

Associate
Mine has started to randomly vibrate and close apps when I open them, and opening the google app!

Noticed the screen has tiny specs around the edge (delamination?) it's just under a year old, so hopefully still have my Asda receipt :(

Soldato
Mine has started to randomly vibrate and close apps when I open them, and opening the google app!

Noticed the screen has tiny specs around the edge (delamination?) it's just under a year old, so hopefully still have my Asda receipt :(

If you paid by card then you can use the statement as proof of purchase

Back
Top Bottom