Google Pixel and Pixel XL

Soldato
Sorry to bring it back to one of my earlier posts but what do you guys think of the deals for these phones at the minute?
I have to say I'm very very tempted at £720 for the XL with the "Free" Daydream VR, I guess if you want to look at it that the way the phone is really 'ONLY' £650.

Any gut feelings about price drops going into January?

Associate
Is anyone having issues with calls dropping out and randomly losing signal in the middle of a call only for it to come back seconds later? There are a few reports over at XDA and Google support forum but all are US based.... anything on here?

Soldato
The lift to wake and tap to wake features look mint. I know they're not ground breaking by any means but the Pixel took a fair bit of flack for NOT including those features but now that they have been implemented surely that puts it a little higher up the food chain?

I have been toying with buying the XL all week and I think the last update might just have swayed my decision - happy christmas to me! :D

Soldato
I started my install around midnight last night... It's still going! :eek:

I realised that on stage 2 on the install, if I kept the screen on, stage 2 took about 5-10 mins. With the screen off it paused the install I think.

I don't have it yet :( Can't lie, I actually really want both of those things too...

The lift to wake and tap to wake features look mint. I know they're not ground breaking by any means but the Pixel took a fair bit of flack for NOT including those features but now that they have been implemented surely that puts it a little higher up the food chain?

I have been toying with buying the XL all week and I think the last update might just have swayed my decision - happy christmas to me! :D

Yeah, without the update Ambient display was a bit useless.

Soldato
Looking for a case for my new Pixel, the Spigen all look good, is there a general consensus which to get of the Spigen range though? Or any other case I should be looking at? Ideally want to avoid the clear cases.

Soldato
Looking for a case for my new Pixel, the Spigen all look good, is there a general consensus which to get of the Spigen range though? Or any other case I should be looking at? Ideally want to avoid the clear cases.

Wife has this one - its a nice case, with good protection.

V18lh00.jpg

Is there a way to turn off burst mode in the camera? Mrs triggering it sometimes making a mess.

Associate
Double tap to wake is more like triple tap to wake right now. I'd really love for them to implement a similar feature like on customer rooms to double tap to sleep. With the update I noticed the phone seems to be a tad faster and battery life has increased a tiny bit. I also noticed that with on my fingers that I registered it doesn't seem to pick it up all the time. My other fingers are fine though. I also feel like it's harder to activate google assistant with the 'ok google' hotwords. Either I have to have ot cm's away from my face or if it's on the table and I'm sitting normally I have to almost shout to get it to work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom