OnePlus 3T

Soldato
It's no biggie and I wouldn't necessarily place any weight on the article as it essentially rehashes things that were said after lessons learnt after the OnePlus X launch that was published by Slashgear back in June.

https://www.slashgear.com/oneplus-to-exclusively-focus-on-flagship-phones-no-more-budget-friendly-x-15444409/

OnePlus will continue to launch flagship devices along the lines of previous OnePlus phones but won't be dabbling with another mid range device such as the OnePlus X.

As for pricing as long as they don't put them up to Samsung/Apple/Google levels it should be fine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Right, I've had mine for a few days. Some quick thoughts coming from a Galaxy S6.

Screen is very good. While not quite as sharp as the S6, I actually prefer the resolution as it makes websites easier to read. Colour is as vibrant in a side by side and I really like the 2.5d screen edges.

Fingerprint recognition is immediate and therefore much better than the S6!

Dash charging - using the incar charger took me from 65 - 100% in about 15 minutes so quite impressive.

Battery is trouncing the S6 which got me to the end of each day with about 20%. This typically has had 40%.

Build quality is very good, on par with the S6 but different. The privacy/silent mode slider is brilliant.

All in all I am very happy.

Last edited:
Soldato
General opinions on this guys? Thinking of purchasing one. Have an iPhone 6s+ but I actually did prefer my note 5 more. Not sure what to expect of this even though I watched many reviews and still can't make my mind up.

Soldato
If you've watched many reviews and still can't make your mind up I'm not sure anyone here can convince you. I love mine, although I came from a Nexus 6.

I'm just confused where it sits in the phone market. It looks premium, seems to have very good hardware, but it's rather cheap. I just don't want it to "feel" cheap if you know where I'm coming from?

Back
Top Bottom