A sonicwall blocking traffic

Soldato
When a sonicwall router is blocking traffic, is this a local effect or is the list of generated sites generated remotely for all sonicwall traffic and updated from time to time?

I ask as ocuk is now blocked at my work, it hasn't ever been before, and wonder was this an autoupdate to the sonicwall, or was it added by our hardware support company? As i know nooone in the building added it.

Soldato
We use an NSA 250 M at work and I have a TZ2x0 at home - neither have started blocking OcUK. So it's either a site type we don't have blocked that you have enabled or someone has specifically added it.

Soldato
OP
No, it states the site is blocked by the 'network administrator' for mature and adult content.

-edit no one has added the site locally, of that I am certain

-edit worked fine last Friday, and indeed, for the past many years

Last edited:
Soldato
Content filtering on the firewall can either be done usually based on category, whitelist or blacklist amonst other methods.

Sounds like it's somehow passing ocuk off as some mature content, not sure why. What's your line of work? Do you work in IT?

Soldato
OP
The URL
forums.overclockers.co.uk
is currently rated as:

Category 31:*
Web Communications
Category 35:*
Usenet News Groups

I did submit a query to whoever the submit query button was yesterday, I shall recheck it tomorrow, in case the block has been lifted following that query.

Soldato
OP
To followup after i clicked the review link, it is now functioning again
Still not sure who blocked and then unblocked it, certainly was someone remote listing

Back
Top Bottom