**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
Sounds like rom was installed over the top, rather than wiped/installed?
Try wipe before flash!

Good that you've got progress so quick though.

I can't get it into recovery, just says pcsuite.mi.com and plug in USB when I hold down pwr and vol+...

bootloader locked again?

Last edited:
Soldato
What does power and volume down do?
Haven't played around with my mi5 yet, made sure it worked and put it back in box!

It would display pcsuite.mi.com with pwr +vol, and fastboot pwr -vol

I tried flashing several twrp imgaes , but they all locked when I tried to enter.

Finally this one worked
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24572330218881549

I did the twrp advanced wipe and no I'm using MiFlash to put this ROM
emini_global_images_V8.1.2.0.MAAMIDI_20161107.000 0.00_6.0_global_4daea53819.tgz back on. Fingers crossed.

Soldato
Hmm.. I have jus gone through all the MIUI setup and it's loaded, but GApps is already there.

Is part of this ROM?
gemini_global_images_V8.1.2.0.MAAMIDI_20161107.000 0.00_6.0_global_4daea53819

Associate
My ZTE Axon 7 arrived today. Just got it set up and I must say im impressed so far. The sound from it is amazing compared to my sony Z3 and the 2k AMOLD display is very nice. Have not played with the camera yet but for £344 delivered I think i got a bargain.

Soldato
Honor are announcing a concept phone on the 16th December dubbed the Honor M. It's their answer to the Xiaomi Mi Mix. It's apparently going to have a 2K curved display that runs along the top and bottom as well as the sides and the display is sourced from Samsung.

Sounds very interesting. I wonder if it'll make it over to this side of the pond?

On another subject my Honor 8 received another beta update which was 231 mb in size, hopefully it'll fix the massive standby battery drain by Android OS that the phone was being subjected to.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm trying to apply to unlock bootloader on my redmi note 3 and it keeps telling me to enter the correct name. My understanding is that it's a forum name that it just made me create for Mi forums but it's telling me to enter the correct name. Why is nothing ever simple?

Associate
Honor are announcing a concept phone on the 16th December dubbed the Honor M. It's their answer to the Xiaomi Mi Mix. It's apparently going to have a 2K curved display that runs along the top and bottom as well as the sides and the display is sourced from Samsung.

Sounds very interesting. I wonder if it'll make it over to this side of the pond?

Dec 16th! :)

http://img.phonandroid.com/2016/12/honor-magic.jpg

Associate
I'm trying to apply to unlock bootloader on my redmi note 3 and it keeps telling me to enter the correct name. My understanding is that it's a forum name that it just made me create for Mi forums but it's telling me to enter the correct name. Why is nothing ever simple?

Try putting your first name only?

Back
Top Bottom