Nexus 5 2015 refresh

Soldato
I gather the doze function isn't working for a lot of people? I've tried most things and it just seems to continue eating away at the battery. Hoping it will be resolved in 7.1

Soldato
Can anyone reccomend a way to preserve battery drain on Nexus 5x.

I usually put it in battery saving mode, location off (although sometimes I use it) Bluetooth off, WiFi is on

I turn notifications off on some apps.

I can put it on charge and 99% just before i sleep, by mid day the next morning iv got like 45-50% left

Also worried my charge port is going to break even though I'm really careful

beh

beh

Associate
When you look at the battery stats what's taking up the highest percentages?

Do you get good signal where you live? Indoors I get very poor to no signal on three and it really chews through the battery overnight. Setting it on aeroplane mode makes the biggest difference.

Associate
Ah well... Just had to send my 5X back to the jungley-named retailer, got up this morning, no alarm, no battery charge. charging lead stuck in port... Took the case off, rear cover behind port all melted. Bugger!

Thinking about changing up to a 6P or a OP3, as any 32GB 5X's I can find are silly money for a discontinued phone.

Soldato
It appears by battery bug is now resolved with 7.1.1.
The phone is back to losing 1-2% overnight compared to 20-30%. This was the biggest issue for me so I'm happy now.

Sorry, to hear your one met a melty end. Pity you can't get them anymore, Did you get a full refund?

Caporegime
Got 7.1.1 last night as well :cool: This is exactly why I will stick with google products until OEM's or/and google sort out the android fragmentation crap! Don't think any phone has got 7.0 officially yet?

So far can't say I notice much difference, battery drain over night seems to have been fixed though.

Noticed that sRGB setting is in the developer options now but it doesn't do anything when it's enabled, not really an issue though since the 5x's screen is already rated as one of the best for calibration.

Camera seems a bit snappier and there are now exposure controls/slider when you tap to focus.

It is a shame they keep delaying the dark mode...

Soldato
Got 7.1.1 last night as well :cool: This is exactly why I will stick with google products until OEM's or/and google sort out the android fragmentation crap! Don't think any phone has got 7.0 officially yet?

So far can't say I notice much difference, battery drain over night seems to have been fixed though.

Noticed that sRGB setting is in the developer options now but it doesn't do anything when it's enabled, not really an issue though since the 5x's screen is already rated as one of the best for calibration.

Camera seems a bit snappier and there are now exposure controls/slider when you tap to focus.

It is a shame they keep delaying the dark mode...

Thus is why the pixel at Apple prices is such a disaster for people like us.

Does this mean moving forward, for us to get Android right off the Google grapevine we are going to have to pay Apple flag ship prices?

That would be just further fragment the Android ecosystem.

I hope they bring out a more budget Pixel next year.

Soldato
I waited for the Pixel hoping to get one, but then opted to get the Nexus 5x due to prices.

I'm hoping the 5x gets the next major android update (8). However on the update schedule page for google devices it shows the 5x runs out of support in September 2017. One month before the usual next release.

Caporegime
IIRC, the 5x launched with 6.0 so in theory, it should get at least one more big update but with google's pixel lineup and holding back certain features from the nexus devices as well as the 7.1.1 update, I can't say that I'll be surprised if it get lefts behind...

Soldato
When you look at the battery stats what's taking up the highest percentages?

Do you get good signal where you live? Indoors I get very poor to no signal on three and it really chews through the battery overnight. Setting it on aeroplane mode makes the biggest difference.

Yeh I'm on 4g at-home , saying that the office it drops signal so it using battery to try and reobtain the signal.

Will have to check out the battery stats and wait for 7.1.1

Soldato
Strange, The area where I leave my phone over night has very little signal and occasionally drops in and out of service. With 7.1.1 I'm now only seeing 2% drop over night sitting in this area.

Soldato
Battery drain during idle/sleep is definitely fixed now :cool:

I lost 10% earlier. I did stick it in the dodgy reception corner again or could have been a rogue app. What was the issue again? SOmething to do with Android OS and Android system running being quite high percentage? Both of mine are sitting at 7% with screen being 14%

Back
Top Bottom