**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S7/Edge Thread ****

Man of Honour
Quite handy ta, the one feature I said I missed from the Xperia when I jumped back to Samsung, and now here it is!

Already tweaked my RGBs to reflect the white balance of my PC monitor which is hardware calibrated, neat!

Another addition to beta 3 is that when pulling out an edge panel, the phone provides haptic feedback. The final release is going to be so good. I think Samsung may just have the best implementation of Nougat vs OEM tweaks compared to any other manufacturer in this regard. And they seem to be listening to feature requests from beta subscribers too.

Last edited:
Soldato
Quite handy ta, the one feature I said I missed from the Xperia when I jumped back to Samsung, and now here it is!

Already tweaked my RGBs to reflect the white balance of my PC monitor which is hardware calibrated, neat!

Another addition to beta 3 is that when pulling out an edge panel, the phone provides haptic feedback. The final release is going to be so good. I think Samsung may just have the best implementation of Nougat vs OEM tweaks compared to any other manufacturer in this regard. And they seem to be listening to feature requests from beta subscribers too.

The contacts and weather edge whatsits are double-width now too. They weren't, at least for me, before.

Associate
I've been running my S7 Edge stock since new, and I am tempted to root it and try some custom roms.. On my S4 I used Echoes ROM, which was very good.. What is regarded as the best custom ROM for the S7 Edge?

Soldato
Does anyone find wifi sometimes doesnt turn on first time? its the only "issue" ive go with the phone, normally works by 3rd attempt if ive had the problem.

Man of Honour
You can't say that name around here, they'll get you!

Really liking beta 3. I am noticing that it's quite a bit smoother now than the previous betas when pulling down the notification tray, and generally the transitions and animations have no more lag whereas before sometimes you might notice a stutter. Seems they are polishing things up nicely.

It would be nice to list out little changes people have noticed, as quite a few have not been noted in the changelogs.

Associate
You can't say that name around here, they'll get you!

Really liking beta 3. I am noticing that it's quite a bit smoother now than the previous betas when pulling down the notification tray, and generally the transitions and animations have no more lag whereas before sometimes you might notice a stutter. Seems they are polishing things up nicely.

It would be nice to list out little changes people have noticed, as quite a few have not been noted in the changelogs.

Haha they might not like it but its true (and I'm no fan of iPhones!), I'm pretty sure my iPhone 3G which must be ancient now used to have that feature!

It's good to see that people are rating the new ROM highly, I am looking forward to it, but I'm not tempted by the beta. I just want to see the finished article :)

Man of Honour
I have just noticed that with the Samsung lens cover case installed (with or without a lens attached), that the camera app has two new sliders via the settings button on the right corner of the camera window. Without the case attached this button is the skin tone button.

The sliders are to control vignette and another called strength, which appears to adjust the colour balance/structure of WB/HDR which is pretty neat.

So this means the case has an NFC tag built in which triggers the option to appear when attached to the phone.

This feature is not documented anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom