**** Official LG G4 Discussion Thread ****

Soldato
The last thread was mostly just full of people asking for stars in the title so...

***** Uber Official Stars in the title discussion thread for the upcoming LG G4! *****

Some specs have appeared on gsm
http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g4-6901.php
Unofficial preliminary specifications written across the top, but interesting nonetheless

and we even have an reported sighting in the wild from a poster on xda

xda link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmobile-g2/development/t-mobile-lg-g2-lg-g3-lollipop-update-t3062645

Anyone looking forward to this?

My LG G2 is still going strong but the upgrade itch is real

Soldato
OP
Yeah, I did say reported sighting. It's not definitely the real thing, and I'm actually hoping it isn't. Will just have to wait for more news.

I just want a G3 with good battery life and a few other incremental upgrades

Associate
Considering how bad the LG G3 was I don't really understand the level of interest in this device.

Overheating and poor battery life are issues LG need to address, if they are using Snapdragon 810 then I don't see that changing, Snapdragon 808? we'll see.

The whole laser AF thing was gimmick and the button placement on the back is horrible, add to that they are still sticking with plastic.

LG G4 is not a device I'm looking forward too.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
From what I can tell the G3 was generally very well received?

Complaining about the button placement is silly, phones are things you have for years not minutes, and it takes about 10 minutes to get used to the power button on the back.

Interested in how you know it's going to be plastic?

Associate
From what I can tell the G3 was generally very well received?

Complaining about the button placement is silly, phones are things you have for years not minutes, and it takes about 10 minutes to get used to the power button on the back.

Interested in how you know it's going to be plastic?

After the initial positive reviews everything went very quiet, the LG G3 was rushed to market just so LG could say they were first with the 1440p display even if it came at the cost of battery life.

The throttling issues were a joke, I remember a comparison with the Galaxy S5 comparing framerates in games and the LG G3 started of with similar performance but the performance quickly dropped and as the device throttled while the Galaxy S5 was just fine and maintained smooth performance.

It was the same with both versions of the LG G3, I don't think LG know what they're doing and I wouldn't trust them with my money, no way would I buy their device on launch, wait a few weeks for the hype to drop and if user feedback and detailed comparisons and reviews can't find any issues then consider it.

Last edited:
Associate
We got STARS!

I am looking forward to it.

Specs look good, like I mentioned in the other thread all comes down to price for me. Lg tend to undercut the others.

M9 is a bit to steep for me, S6 even more so.

Associate
Those leaked pics above look a bit mid-range as oppose to flagship in my opinion. Bigger bezels and cheap plastic buttons on the back give it away.

Im very happy with my G3, but i'll be looking forward to what LG reveal for this iteration.

Back
Top Bottom