F1 Silverstone 2017 - Seating advice for newbie

Stu

Stu

Soldato
I've looked through a number of threads on where to sit at Silverstone, but can't quite find the information I'm looking for, hence then new thread.

I'm not particularly knowledgeable about F1, but my son loves it, so Grandad is taking my son and me next year as a treat.

I've picked up that General Admission is a bad plan, as my son is only short, and there is no way we are queuing at 6am.

I want to get the discounted child price, which means only bronze and silver grandstands.

Right now I'm favouring Village A (Block 2)... we should see the chaos from the first corners, and the first corner of Arena looks like a decent overtaking spot, so should be some action on race day, it appears to be close to the track, and there is a big screen opposite. I realise this will be a slower section of the track, but I aim to be there Saturday and Sunday (camping at Woodlands), so we can see the cars at full speed from other parts of the track on the Saturday.

Good plan? Any advice welcome!

Associate
i went in 2013 and sat at Stowe B. Right at the end of hangar straight. Big screen directly opposite. Was brilliant. I can imagine the maggots/becketts/chapel section would be a great section to sit at watching them dart side to side at high speed. If you're staying at woodlands then you'd have access to the camp site right from Wednesday through to the Monday. Take advantage of it, it was great when i was there. You can go sit in the main grandstand and see the F1 show recorded live from the pit straight. See the practice on the friday aswell. With a seated weekend ticket you get access to pretty much all seating areas across the weekend so for the 3 different practice sessions and quali so you can watch from different places and then obviously you have a reserved seat for the race on sunday.

Last edited:

smr

smr

Soldato
maggots/ becketts is the best part of the track for viewing imo whether GA or grandstand, but grandstand seats there will be sold out and they're also very pricey. Farm would have seats left and it's one of the cheapest places for grandstand seats... and it's great for viewing as you get to see the cars pull right then left from T1 and T2 and then brake hard at T3 - usually a few dramas going off as well at the start...

Stu

Stu

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the input!

I started with Farm Curve as a preference, but the first block is sold out, and the other two seem a bit further back from the track. Village A is right next to it, closer to the track, and I think you get a view of both the Farm Curve section and Arena, with a better view of the first corner of Arena. Village B is a Gold area, so obviously a reasonable area.

Maggots/Becketts does look good, but too expensive.

Currently planning to go down Friday night to we see all of Saturday and Sunday. My son's school is an issue with going any earlier.

Soldato
I would sit in any of the following for F1, having been to WEC and Blancpain for the last few years:

Club, Becketts, Village A or B, Silverstone Six or at a push Woodcote A, which is better for the national pits than if they only use international.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
OP
Club, Becketts and Village B are not options... as above, I want to get the discounted child price, which means only bronze and silver grandstands.

I've gone for Village A tickets. :)

Stu

Stu

Soldato
OP

Stu

Stu

Soldato
OP
I've gone for Village A because the cars will still be bunched on lap 1, they should be coming fast down Farm, potential for passing at corner 3 (hopefully), and you can see all the Arena Complex. Also, you are well placed for the big TV opposite.

Other places are better for seeing the cars going fast, but we'll experience that from other stands during practice on Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom