• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ZEN SR7 Rumoured January 17th Release

Caporegime
So if I'm understanding it right the $300 SR7 is going to only compete with 6-core Broadwell-E (locked at ~3ghz probably?) and you're going to need to spend $500+ for the fully unlocked variant? what happened to AMD being the peoples' champion and not doing stuff like charging $200 for overclocking? :p

Soldato
So if I'm understanding it right the $300 SR7 is going to only compete with 6-core Broadwell-E (locked at ~3ghz probably?) and you're going to need to spend $500+ for the fully unlocked variant? what happened to AMD being the peoples' champion and not doing stuff like charging $200 for overclocking? :p

So they will need 8 cores to be pretty much the same as the 5820k give or take a little. Doesn't seem a whole lot better money/performance from what Intel already has out, though it should help with prices all round, eventually anyway.. Who knows with the weak pound atm.

Soldato

They've been doing it since the days of the FX-51?

Soldato

I read it as all the chips will be overclockable, however they are going to continue with some binned Black Edition type chips that will OC a lot higher, im guessing the best of the silicon will get binned for these?

Anyhow from what ive been reading all of the chips are overclockable, just some will carry a premium as they will allow much better OC's

bru

bru

Soldato
Why does everybody think these things will be $200.

The article that all these rumours have sprung from listed the prices FROM $200 for the cheapest and going up from their, the top notch 8 core 16 thread part is going to be an awful lot more than $200-300 in my opinion.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom