Bonded ADSL?

Associate
Anyone used bonded DSL? Potentially moving to an area that has fibre but has a waiting list so looking at bonded DSL as a alternative. The "speeds" are listed around 12Mb so I'd be looking at two lines *maybe*.

Views / thoughts?

Soldato
12Mbit is perfectly usable for most things including HD streaming.

For bonding to work well for a single user you're going to need to connect out to a bonding provider which would be another additional cost.

If you've got multiple users a straightforward load balance could work out okay. It really depends on how the connection is used.

Personally I'd try to live with a single connection and get on that waiting list.

Caporegime
It would be cheaper to burst onto a 4G connection for things that really needed the speed than to pay for ADSL bonding.

Associate
OP
I'm going to see if I can live with it, they doesn't appear to be 4g connection available though maps say differently which was my thought for burst speed vs. the price of bonding. I'll keep looking, thanks for the feedback.

Soldato
Waste of money, other than bragging rights 12mbit is perfectly adequate for a home connection. Yes it would be nicer if it was faster, but you can and indeed will cope. I went from 100mbit to 14mbit, the first few days weren't fun, a week later i'd learned to live with it. Updates and large downloads were done when I wasn't about or doing something else and other than the odd time I wanted to download something large quickly, I managed.

Back
Top Bottom