My brothers and I would like to watch Formula 1 live at the race track. Please advise

Soldato
Hello,

My two brothers and I don't really watch F1 on the TV. But when it is on, and if we are together, it's a good "bonding" moment to crack open a few beers, take the mick, and watch the cars race.

The three of us want to watch F1 next year. We don't know where. It could be as local as Silverstone, or as as far as Monte Carlo. We don't really mind. Naturally budget is a deciding factor.

Ignoring travel, accomodation and sustenance costs, generally how much are F1 tickets? When do I need to book, and at which site? Is F1 child friendly? Ideally we'd like to take a 4 year old boy who loves cars.

I'm expecting a typical F1 ticket to be £40. That's based on my experience of watching Man Utd vs West Ham at Old Trafford, which I suppose gathers a similar crowd like F1 does.

Any advice would be great! :)

Last edited:
Associate
tagging on to this , which country has the best track for viewing a lot of the live action, without watching it on viewing screens

Soldato
If you want £40 racing go watch BTCC for a Sunday/weekend. On F1 weekends you usually get 5 hours of racing plus qualifying and free practice sessions spread over 3 days, which at a venue like Spa is £40 a day for the weekend for general admission and a lot better value than the 90 minutes you get at football.

Soldato
prices for F1 are way more expensive, not sure you can get in for £40 unless you have a time machine :(

in the UK no other choice but Silverstone otherwise take a look at Spa. (about a 3hr drive from Dunkirk.)

best place is Eau Rouge to the straight leading to Les Combes for passing. eau rouge is quite steep, TV doesn't do it justice. the only risk is rain in Spa, unfortunately no guarantees.

hope you don't mind mayo with your fries ;)

Soldato
100% do Spa. It's like a festival of motorsport in the beautiful tree lined valley. It's currently just £112 for the whole weekend. All of you in a car with a big tent and you're road tripping.

You won't regret it.

Back
Top Bottom